South Gibson @ Haywood

stacmot

On 9/19/2020 at 6:34 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

South Gibson lost a lot from last years team. And their two losses This year we’re to two really good teams in Lexington and Milan. In both of those games the youth from South Gibson competed tooth and nail and gave it all they had but just didn’t have enough. South Gibson will not beat themselves. Those kids are well coached and we lay smart football. They will make a game out of this one but they just don’t have the talent this year to beat a team as good as Haywood is. I say Haywood wins by a couple of scores. 

I think Haywood come out with then win.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So happy for the Hornets!!  Congrats. @ManOfMillions

Thank my man, I appreciate the love. 

GREAT WIN FOR SGC!!!!!

We got a little revenge from last season!!!

I really do not even know where to start. We can talk stats, size, speed, coaching, refs, or whatever you want to measure. You can not however, measure heart. Our boys were clearly out gunned with talent. They never stopped. Played with everything inside of them all game long. ZERO turnovers in the game. This is unbelievable to me. SGC had its way running the ball, and Haywood had its way passing it. Big play, after big play was the story of the game. Haywood has some real deal dudes playing receiver. They made some unbelievable catches tonight. Very rarely seen in high school sports. 

SGC made some unbelievable runs to counter the passing attach from Haywood. Our QB played the best game of his career tonight. SGC's DLine played its best game of the season tonight. 

I will say that I am very proud of our boys! What a team effort to beat a good Haywood team. 

Also, I want to say thanks to the fine folks from Haywood. They were very hospitable, and kind to us. I really appreciate it. First class guys! First class!!!

Haywood has been hurt with " the cooty virus " god. 2 games getting cancelled, and not having a preseason.... You could tell that Coach Smith and company have not had enough time to get the right players in the right spots to win. They WILL get it done. Coach Smith is fine coach and they will figure it out. DO NOT SLEEP ON THE TOMCATS! They are going to be a really hard out at the end of the season. 

SGC - 52

Haywood - 35

FINAL!

GO HORNETS!!!!

/steven

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

O yea, 

For the people that laughed at me when I said it was going to be a game.... The only thing I have to say is:

SGC - 52

Haywood - 35

FINAL! 

Dang, I love high school sports! 

I felt like y’all would be right there in this game in a close one .  But not by 17 against a good HW team. That’s a nice win against s quality opponent. Congrats SGC.