Covington @ Ripley - week 6

CHARGERFAN

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I see that Covington is up to #9 in the Sonny_Moore Power Rankings this week. That's without regard to classification. I have never seen Covington ranked this high in the state before.

Those ratings are so inconsistent. In 2018 when we battled Alcoa to the final minute and finished 14-1, they had us at 35. Alcoa was at 7 with a 15-0 record and a win over Maryville, who was oddly rating ahead of Alcoa at 5. 

5 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Those ratings are so inconsistent. In 2018 when we battled Alcoa to the final minute and finished 14-1, they had us at 35. Alcoa was at 7 with a 15-0 record and a win over Maryville, who was oddly rating ahead of Alcoa at 5. 

Well, I sure like where they have us now. These ratings list us as the best team in West Tennessee. That's higher than the private schools in Memphis, etc.

Just watched Covington @ Ripley from 2018. Ripley came out running the ball and had a massive O-line. In the second quarter it was tied 14-14. Ripley was gaining lots of yards on the ground. Covington eventually pulled away to win big, but Ripley put up a fight to start the game.

As I recall, they ran the ball effectively at our place last year. The current Covington D is fairly good versus the run. Let's see how this match-up goes on Friday.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

14 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I know this is off thread but wondering if any of the Charger fans could tell me anything about Munford. Know y’all played them early on this year. Hardin County has picked up a game with them Friday night, due to Melrose having to cancel with HC. I know nothing about Munford. 

Hardin County should handle them easily. They want to run the ball. Covington had a running clock 2nd half against them. 

7 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Hardin County should handle them easily. They want to run the ball. Covington had a running clock 2nd half against them. 

You are probably right, with what I hear about how good Hardin County is this year. But, he does need to know that since that opening loss at Covington, Munford has gone 4-0 in actual games, not counting a 2-0 forfeit to them by Southwind. 

To be totally honest, Covington has had a running clock against everybody but Haywood. I hear that Munford has really improved since we played them.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

You are probably right, with what I hear about how good Hardin County is this year. But, he does need to know that since that opening loss at Covington, Munford has gone 4-0 in actual games, not counting a 2-0 forfeit to them by Southwind. 

To be totally honest, Covington has had a running clock against everybody but Haywood. I hear that Munford has really improved since we played them.

That 4-0 is coming against teams whose combined record is 4-11. We will see how much they have really improved this week against Hardin.