Meigs Co at McMinn Central

TigerNation

28 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I honestly felt like Central was at least a 2 TD favorite in the Meigs game, and even more of a favorite for that Polk matchup.  Miller was gone that year.

That '14 Central team played up and down during the season but was good enough to win close games against Meigs and Polk. They got it all together during the playoffs though, making it all the way to the quarterfinals.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:23 AM, Imthayeti said:

Moved into the Meigs area within the last 10 years. I'm sure I missed alot of good games between the two. Best game I remember is in 14 though they were a really good team and we made them work for it. I believe we lost by 5 pts that year.

I became involved with Meigs when my grandson played for them from '03 - '06.  The '06 team his Senior season was good. He played for Mike Martin, the current coach at Sweetwater.

The fortunes of the programs at Meigs and Central have gone in opposite directions since 2015. Meigs has only lost two regular season games the last 4 1/2 seasons. One to Marion Co. who played in the state championship that year; and one last year to South Pitt who lost in the semifinals to Greenback - a team that Meigs beat during the season.

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

I became involved with Meigs when my grandson played for them from '03 - '06.  The '06 team his Senior season was good. He played for Mike Martin, the current coach at Sweetwater.

The fortunes of the programs at Meigs and Central have gone in opposite directions since 2015. Meigs has only lost two regular season games the last 4 1/2 seasons. One to Marion Co. who played in the state championship that year; and one last year to South Pitt who lost in the semifinals to Greenback - a team that Meigs beat during the season.

Meigs has had a wonderful run for sure.  The thing I admire about Meigs Co. is the community support.  It is amazing how the community supports all the sports programs there.

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Been a good ride.

4 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Meigs has had a wonderful run for sure.  The thing I admire about Meigs Co. is the community support.  It is amazing how the community supports all the sports programs there.

They're a close knit community and they do have strong support for all of their sports programs, even at the middle school level.  

11 minutes ago, ChargerGhost said:

Thanks Nation for the research.  The 07 game will always be the one I remember.  That was the “clock gate” game.  Praying tonight is an injury free game and hopefully Coach Fitzgerald is in a good mood . :grin:

Wooo. A coach being in a good mood. Reminds me of when I was coaching this kid in golf, he had a huge putt that seemed to come a little short but then the groundskeeper blew something up and it jarred the ball causing it to go in. Now that was a good mood coaching. 

Edited by Cashmeout
Spelling