Admirulls att 825

STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, STARPOWER said:

I think most teams that play smaller communities that have a single school like Maryville or Oak Ridge feel they are getting biased officiating from the referee association in that community. On both of Maryville's touchdown drives in the first half there were controversial calls in Maryville's favor, both prolonging the drives. In the end it turned out not to effect the final score, but could have effected the mindset of the players.

The reason I ask, a few times I have attended games in Knoxville to see other teams and I've heard that chatter going on in the stands but also heard fish stories to follow I knew weren't true. Farragut's db's rode Maryville's receivers very hard and close much of that game. The first interference was one of those plays where the db came over the back of the receiver which some have said it was the right call. The second one I have heard there was a bump from the very start but the flag was thrown as the play was ending sending off all the fireworks. The touchdown following wasn't no give me. In all the years I've watched Maryville and Farragut play there's no gas left in the tank in the later part of most of those games on the Farragut side of the ball because they ride the same horse the whole game long until it finally fails from fatigue. That's evident when Maryville sends in the JV Team and they continue moving the ball against Farragut and even look better than the varsity at that point in the game.

37 minutes ago, STARPOWER said:

I think most teams that play smaller communities that have a single school like Maryville or Oak Ridge feel they are getting biased officiating from the referee association in that community. On both of Maryville's touchdown drives in the first half there were controversial calls in Maryville's favor, both prolonging the drives. In the end it turned out not to effect the final score, but could have effected the mindset of the players.

Question for you STARPOWER....what about the 3 change of possessions that were called, or no calls that went against Maryville? One was in the first half and two in the second half. All three should have went Maryville's way after review of the film, and they didn't. Did that effect the players mindset? 

3 hours ago, STARPOWER said:

Maryville is bigger than Farragut. We have our own school system, police department, fire department, water department, electric department, we pave streets...

20 hours ago, STARPOWER said:

I saw one controversial Call , the one Packer got ran out of town on ... But I've heard that after reviewing the Film the pass interference was obvious earlier in the route , not when the Football got there . Us fans just watch the Ball , so we usually miss out on anything before the ball gets there . The Farragut DB's were obviously taught to be very aggressive and got there too early on several Plays . I'm sure when you're wanting to beat Maryville really really bad ( like Mark Packer ) any flag thrown against Farragut is a " Controversial Call " 

21 hours ago, STARPOWER said:

I think most teams that play smaller communities that have a single school like Maryville or Oak Ridge feel they are getting biased officiating from the referee association in that community.

Probably. But I’m older than dirt, and we still talk about having to overcome those Knoxville refs when we travel north to play. I used to think they were the worst until we started traveling down 411 to play! It’s all part of the game IMO.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:15 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

The reason I ask, a few times I have attended games in Knoxville to see other teams and I've heard that chatter going on in the stands but also heard fish stories to follow I knew weren't true. Farragut's db's rode Maryville's receivers very hard and close much of that game. The first interference was one of those plays where the db came over the back of the receiver which some have said it was the right call. The second one I have heard there was a bump from the very start but the flag was thrown as the play was ending sending off all the fireworks. The touchdown following wasn't no give me. In all the years I've watched Maryville and Farragut play there's no gas left in the tank in the later part of most of those games on the Farragut side of the ball because they ride the same horse the whole game long until it finally fails from fatigue. That's evident when Maryville sends in the JV Team and they continue moving the ball against Farragut and even look better than the varsity at that point in the game.

What was the score of the Maryville Farragut JV game um 7-0 Farragut