Admirulls att 825

STARSNBARS

I watched the replay a couple of times. I could care less if Packer ran out on the field. It's well known over history him and Maryville have had their run-ins but last night was a little bit uncalled for considering his position. I watched the two penalties by the back judge and the first was very questionable and someone seeing this from a bad angle may have made this call. The second call was total BS and who ever the back judge was needs to be fitted for glasses and needs to be explaining himself to his higher ups come Monday. That was a good game last night by both teams but an obvious bad call like this gives us a black eye. There is no doubt Maryville would have won this game without this happening and would have gotten a field goal in the worse case. Farragut didn't score anymore during this game so it didn't come into play at the end anyway. I know how I felt going to Knoxville playing Rule all those years and that's what this replay reminded me of and I don't want that reputation on Maryville.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I watched the replay a couple of times. I could care less if Packer ran out on the field. It's well known over history him and Maryville have had their run-ins but last night was a little bit uncalled for considering his position. I watched the two penalties by the back judge and the first was very questionable and someone seeing this from a bad angle may have made this call. The second call was total BS and who ever the back judge was needs to be fitted for glasses and needs to be explaining himself to his higher ups come Monday. That was a good game last night by both teams but an obvious bad call like this gives us a black eye. There is no doubt Maryville would have won this game without this happening and would have gotten a field goal in the worse case. Farragut didn't score anymore during this game so it didn't come into play at the end anyway. I know how I felt going to Knoxville playing Rule all those years and that's what this replay reminded me of and I don't want that reputation on Maryville.

Well my NFHS video was terrible so I missed the play , but to me it’s much more of an embarrassment to Packer than it is to Maryville. The Refs missed calls both ways from what I saw 

17 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Well my NFHS video was terrible so I missed the play , but to me it’s much more of an embarrassment to Packer than it is to Maryville. The Refs missed calls both ways from what I saw 

He don't need to declare himself the Police of High School Football Officiating  for sure. Reminded me of that film going around this week on facebook where a security officer had to handcuff a woman at a football game for refusing to wear a mask and drag her out screaming like a wildcat.

55 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

• Like 1

Congrats to Maryville. Impressive defensive performance - opposing offenses have to earn every yard.

As a Farragut fan, the roughing the punter penalty (when the defense had gotten off the field) that led to the first Maryville scoring drive and the fumble on a good opening drive of the second half were tough pills to swallow. You just can’t have penalties and turnovers against a well-coached football team like that and expect to have success.

Moore had a rough night against a very good defense. As a first year starter, I hope he can learn from it and put it behind him. There is a lot of football left.

I thought the offensive line played hard. A couple of crucial missed assignments led to minus yardage plays; but, all things considered, I thought they showed some signs of coming together.

Farragut needs big play ability in the run game. #9 runs hard, and he will get some YAC, but the burst to turn a few yards into a home run is missing from this offense when #38 is off the field. I hope he will continue to get more touches moving forward; he runs every bit as hard, has good hands out of the backfield from what I have observed, is decidedly faster with greater cutback ability than the other backs - but he definitely needs to work hard on ball security. 

It appeared both teams survived without injuries. With crucial region games ahead, I hope playing a top team like Maryville serves to prepare the Admirals for a challenging region stretch.