Admirulls att 825

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

I missed the action, but did Packer try to get a call overturned using his cell phone video?

I was right behind the ref. I’m not sure why he thought he saw to throw the flag at that moment. Next thing I know packer walks right up beside the ref after the next play which was a touchdown. Ref is standing under the goalpost and packer holds  camera about 6 inches from the side of refs face. The Ref asked him to back away 2-3 times and finally got the head ref to ask him. Packer started some BS about why are you picking on me I have a media pass. Absolutely embarrassing and hilarious!

24 minutes ago, strongx said:

I was right behind the ref. I’m not sure why he thought he saw to throw the flag at that moment. Next thing I know packer walks right up beside the ref after the next play which was a touchdown. Ref is standing under the goalpost and packer holds  camera about 6 inches from the side of refs face. The Ref asked him to back away 2-3 times and finally got the head ref to ask him. Packer started some BS about why are you picking on me I have a media pass. Absolutely embarrassing and hilarious!

:popcorneater:

58 minutes ago, STARPOWER said:

The newer Farragut parents were upset by the first half officiating, to those of us that have been around awhile it was business as usual when you play at Maryville. 

I've been around long enough to have seen every Maryville and Farragut game. Farragut always looked down at us because they were the big new school with over two thousand kids and listened to that for years then we scheduled them in 1987 and won 21-0 then went over there the following year and won 19-14. The next four years we both split games making the series 4-2 in Maryville's favor. We pick back up in 2009 and have played 13 games to date since then  9 of them have been 19 points or more which a bad call couldn't have been the reason they lost, just simply wasn't good enough. The best contest and closest was the 2009 regular season game which was at Farragut which Maryville pulled out 35-32. The 2010 game at Maryville was 24-17. The other two games that were closer was Maryville 26-10 in 2018 at Maryville and 2019 which was a great game last year when Maryville won 35-24 at Farragut. I don't see many of those games an official could have single handed cost Farragut the majority of those games. Two of the best and closest games were at Farragut which I don't think Maryville would have been in charge of the officials. The other two closest games at Maryville were 16 and 7 point spreads. I'm very sorry about the calls last night in question especially the BS interference call in the end zone which I do admit as a Maryville fan I'm embarrassed over. If I have to steal to win I don't want it and yes I've seen it go both ways but the ones we never forget is when it happens right in front of us knowing dang well it was a blown call. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Former44 said:

Congrats to Maryville. Impressive defensive performance - opposing offenses have to earn every yard.

As a Farragut fan, the roughing the punter penalty (when the defense had gotten off the field) that led to the first Maryville scoring drive and the fumble on a good opening drive of the second half were tough pills to swallow. You just can’t have penalties and turnovers against a well-coached football team like that and expect to have success.

Moore had a rough night against a very good defense. As a first year starter, I hope he can learn from it and put it behind him. There is a lot of football left.

I thought the offensive line played hard. A couple of crucial missed assignments led to minus yardage plays; but, all things considered, I thought they showed some signs of coming together.

Farragut needs big play ability in the run game. #9 runs hard, and he will get some YAC, but the burst to turn a few yards into a home run is missing from this offense when #38 is off the field. I hope he will continue to get more touches moving forward; he runs every bit as hard, has good hands out of the backfield from what I have observed, is decidedly faster with greater cutback ability than the other backs - but he definitely needs to work hard on ball security. 

It appeared both teams survived without injuries. With crucial region games ahead, I hope playing a top team like Maryville serves to prepare the Admirals for a challenging region stretch.

Good post. It’s easy to point at home cooking, but turnovers were the difference last night IMO.

I believe Mr. Festus said it best. I have never seen a reporter inside the fence there in that end zone because the fence only 2 yards from the end line of the end zone. Most reporters stand outside the fence in that end zone because it's so tight there. Mr. Packer was seen as he wanted to be, but it doesn't both me. He will never pass CB45 on my list anyway.

Happy belated birthday to Ole Mary - Class 5A & Class 6A - CoachT.com  Message Boards