Perry county @ Scott’s Hill

Pantherpride45

4 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Who ya got in this matchup 

I like perry county in this one

Totally depends on the Vikings. They were coming off a good win against a decent Hickman County team and then lost 38-6 to Collinwood at home. But Collinwood had a lot of size and depth, the Vikings have some size but no depth. However, we will just have to see how this one goes. It was a tight one last year in Linden with Scotts Hill winning 23-16. I think a team like Perry County who in the last three seasons have only won 3 games and only about 6 in 5 years that the win against Hickman County got them on a high and then Collinwood just brought them back down. I know Coach Zemer will have his boys ready for the Lions and they will look to prove that yesterday was just a bad day at the office.

24 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Totally depends on the Vikings. They were coming off a good win against a decent Hickman County team and then lost 38-6 to Collinwood at home. But Collinwood had a lot of size and depth, the Vikings have some size but no depth. However, we will just have to see how this one goes. It was a tight one last year in Linden with Scotts Hill winning 23-16. I think a team like Perry County who in the last three seasons have only won 3 games and only about 6 in 5 years that the win against Hickman County got them on a high and then Collinwood just brought them back down. I know Coach Zemer will have his boys ready for the Lions and they will look to prove that yesterday was just a bad day at the office.

Perry county should win this one by 14 plus . Waverly beat Scott's hill last night 40 to 0 with 10 starters out . Alot of freshman and sophomore played for us last night 

I think whomever has their heads right for this week of practice, and especially on game day has a good chance of winning. We got down two scores right out of the gate against Waverly, gave them a layup int. when the ball slipped out of the QB's hand and floated a duck up inside our twenty. At 20-0 we sort of got in the game on D and held for several series without giving up more, but couldn't string anything together on offense. Our QB was hurt early (foot), but played anyway as long as he could because he's the only backup and our #1 went out for the (probably) season in game one. It had the feeling that if we'd been able to score on our deepest drive that we could have kept it respectable, but a very obvious missed PI and interception squashed that. I like that we hadn't given up when I left early for work, but it was obvious then what the outcome was going to be. I watched PC play McEwen, and they will give us trouble around the edges with their speed, and maybe over the top because our DB's will have to cover the edges if we're going to limit that, and the Vikings like to take the shot frequently. Our best option on offense will be right at them on the ground, and short passes in the flat. If our QB isn't ready and we have to run the wildcat with #3 under center, we will be behind the proverbial eight ball.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I think whomever has their heads right for this week of practice, and especially on game day has a good chance of winning. We got down two scores right out of the gate against Waverly, gave them a layup int. when the ball slipped out of the QB's hand and floated a duck up inside our twenty. At 20-0 we sort of got in the game on D and held for several series without giving up more, but couldn't string anything together on offense. Our QB was hurt early (foot), but played anyway as long as he could because he's the only backup and our #1 went out for the (probably) season in game one. It had the feeling that if we'd been able to score on our deepest drive that we could have kept it respectable, but a very obvious missed PI and interception squashed that. I like that we hadn't given up when I left early for work, but it was obvious then what the outcome was going to be. I watched PC play McEwen, and they will give us trouble around the edges with their speed, and maybe over the top because our DB's will have to cover the edges if we're going to limit that, and the Vikings like to take the shot frequently. Our best option on offense will be right at them on the ground, and short passes in the flat. If our QB isn't ready and we have to run the wildcat with #3 under center, we will be behind the proverbial eight ball.

This game is going to be tough for the Vikings. Not a whole lot of size on the lines. However, Hickman County was a lot bigger and PC was able to get a big win on the road. This will only be the Vikings 2nd road game of the year, they have one more home game and then three straight road games to end the year. Even though this isn't a Region game for the Vikings, they really need some mojo going into their bye week. 

On 9/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, tradertwo said:

Is #3 the QB? Also I think I saw on film #4 was a running back as well? and #1? I couldn't tell because the camera is so blurry on a few of these tapes.

38 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Is #3 the QB? Also I think I saw on film #4 was a running back as well? and #1? I couldn't tell because the camera is so blurry on a few of these tapes.

#3 is one of the RB's, along with #'s 5 and 24. #1 is the QB if he's able to go, but he's the backup... our starter is out indefinitely with an ankle injury. All are underclassmen.

57 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

#3 is one of the RB's, along with #'s 5 and 24. #1 is the QB if he's able to go, but he's the backup... our starter is out indefinitely with an ankle injury. All are underclassmen.

I noticed there are 30 underclassman and only 14 upperclassman. Very young team indeed. But a hungry one at that.