DII-AA Outlook

Tiger1214

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Tiger1214 said:

Who are the top teams?

In the East: Catholic, Baylor and McCallie return a lot of their starters. If my memory is correct all of their leading scorers return: Edwards for Catholic, Kurtz for Baylor and Rivers for McCallie, and all three teams should be very competitive. In the Middle Brentwood Academy, not sure what the other teams return.  Out West I would assume Christian Brothers with Briarcrest losing so many starters. I just don’t know much about the rest of the teams in DII-AA

Edited by QSouth89

On 9/23/2020 at 11:43 PM, ElGoat said:

If Catholic brought in any size this year, then they will have a solid chance to repeat. Edwards could be the best player in the state (Kennedy chandler transferred out of state). Patterson might be one of the best shooters in the state and Cain is a solid piece as well. 

They still have junior Handje Tamba (7'0) and a 6'7 freshman.  The Irish only lost one senior off last years team but the schedule they are playing this season is tougher than last years.  Coach Hutchens trying to get his guys battle tested and ready for DII-AA.

7 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

They still have junior Handje Tamba (7'0) and a 6'7 freshman.  The Irish only lost one senior off last years team but the schedule they are playing this season is tougher than last years.  Coach Hutchens trying to get his guys battle tested and ready for DII-AA.

Ah, my mistake. I knew Catholic lost Akeem, but I thought they also lost Tamba. The schedule will have them battle tested and ready for another run at the title. 

• 4 weeks later...

With Skyy Clark and his brother transferring to Ensworth I would think they would be a final four contender and have a good chance to win the whole thing.  MBA also brings a lot back and will be able to compete with anyone.  Christian Brothers had a couple nice guards last year as well but not sure if any of them graduated.  Should be a fun year in D2AA.

1 hour ago, StarWarz said:

With Skyy Clark and his brother transferring to Ensworth I would think they would be a final four contender and have a good chance to win the whole thing.  MBA also brings a lot back and will be able to compete with anyone.  Christian Brothers had a couple nice guards last year as well but not sure if any of them graduated.  Should be a fun year in D2AA.

I thought Clark transferred to Brentwood Academy?  If he's at Ensworth then they will be a serious title threat. As for Christian Brothers, they return guard Chandler Jackson (who is a junior) and from what I've seen on twitter he's picking up some major offers.  I agree D2-AA will have some talented teams as well as some talented individual players.  Defending champs Knoxville Catholic plays at MBA in December.

Edited by QSouth89

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 10:43 PM, ElGoat said:

If Catholic brought in any size this year, then they will have a solid chance to repeat. Edwards could be the best player in the state (Kennedy chandler transferred out of state). Patterson might be one of the best shooters in the state and Cain is a solid piece as well. 

You are telling me that you believe BJ Edwards is better than Skyy Clark?

Early scores from Mid Tn yesterday.  Most teams still without football but some interesting outcomes for sure.  Looks like most other D2AA teams open up play later this week.

JP2 - 81

Arlington - 93

Lipscomb Academy - 56  

White House Heritage - 63

Brentwood Academy - 69

Lighthouse Christian - 27

This weekend should be a good barometer on where some teams are early on with JP2, Ensworth, and BA all playing at the CPA next level tip off!