Region 4-1A

croz6110

Going into week 6, region 4 now has only two undefeated teams in region play, Gordonsville and Monterey. The rest have at least one loss.

Most expected the region title to come down to Gville and Clay, however, Monterey has put up a couple of impressive scores, setting up a big matchup with them and Clay in week 9 before Gville plays Monterey in week 10.

As for this week, Gordonsville travels to Coalfield, Clay hosts Westmoreland, Jo Byrns hosts East Robertson, Monterey travels to Jackson County, RBS hosts Oakdale, and Pickett hosts Sale Creek.

Gordonsville, Clay, and Monterey will be winners this week.

• Upvote 1

The representative for the east this year will come from either Region 3 or Region 4.

Last year Region 4 received a lot of hype and it wound up being for nothing (i.e. Monterey). This year, I think the opposite is true. Coalfield played an interesting game with Harriman and Monterey blew the doors off them. Can't really base it all off that, but it could be very telling. 

Gordonsville seems legitimate, and Clay/Monterey also seem good compared to Region 3 where South Pittsburg and Copper Basin are the clear 1 and 2.

Playoff seed prediction:

Region 4

1. Gordonsville

2. Monterey

3. Clay County

4. Jo Byrns

Region 3

1. South Pittsburg

2. Copper Basin

3. Sale Creek

4. Whitwell

I don't see it getting interesting until the 2nd round. If I'm right, my alma mater will get to travel to you and we can have a good time talking about the good times and watching good football. 

Like I said on the Coalfield thread, I will be evaluating the Tigers this week and we will know more then. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

The representative for the east this year will come from either Region 3 or Region 4.

Last year Region 4 received a lot of hype and it wound up being for nothing (i.e. Monterey). This year, I think the opposite is true. Coalfield played an interesting game with Harriman and Monterey blew the doors off them. Can't really base it all off that, but it could be very telling. 

Gordonsville seems legitimate, and Clay/Monterey also seem good compared to Region 3 where South Pittsburg and Copper Basin are the clear 1 and 2.

Playoff seed prediction:

Region 4

1. Gordonsville

2. Monterey

3. Clay County

4. Jo Byrns

Region 3

1. South Pittsburg

2. Copper Basin

3. Sale Creek

4. Whitwell

I don't see it getting interesting until the 2nd round. If I'm right, my alma mater will get to travel to you and we can have a good time talking about the good times and watching good football. 

Like I said on the Coalfield thread, I will be evaluating the Tigers this week and we will know more then. 

The only thing I may dosagree with is I would Monterey and Clay around. I still think Clay is better.

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Looking closer at East Robertson's schedule, I think you're right. I'm surprised Groves hasn't had any more impact than he has. You would think they would have won more ballgames at this point.l

Yeah he doesn’t have a lot of help. For his sake, I hope that doesn’t hurt his recruitment at the next level.  I’m afraid his film isn’t going to be very good.  I hate to say it but he probably should have gone to one of the private schools that were recruiting him.