Riverside vs Camden

Pantherpride45

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

Like I said early,it will be close,I believe Riverside has the edge simply because of coaching that's had their thumbprint on the program for awhile. I think it's a close game lat 3rd and Riverside takes over in 4th.

Camden is not the same team that lost to Waverly 40-6 back on August 21st. 

Creek Wood shut them out the following week 35-0 but if you look at the scores you can see that Creek Wood has been shutting out a lot of people this year.  

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Some of these score projections are funny.  Camden has gotten better already this year and defensively the last 3 weeks they have played hard.  They lost 13-6 to Harpeth in a game they wished they had over.  They lost 32-6 to Huntingdon however that game was 8-6 in the 3rd Quarter (Huntingdon is better than Riverside).  They beat Cheatham County 29-0 and I believe only allowed one First Down for the entire game.  

I'm not saying Riverside won't win or that Camden won't lose.  I am saying that Riverside will be lucky to score 28 (or even 21) points against Camden's defense with the way they've played lately.  

We could debate if Huntingdon is better than Riverside but we will will never know. (I think Riverside is better) 

Also Cheatham County couldn’t beat their way out of a wet paper sack. Harpeth isn’t that good either. I’m sure Camden is better than they were when Waverly played them but Riverside wins this one by multiple scores hands down. 

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Camden is not the same team that lost to Waverly 40-6 back on August 21st. 

Creek Wood shut them out the following week 35-0 but if you look at the scores you can see that Creek Wood has been shutting out a lot of people this year.  

Riverside held the #3 ranked team in 2A to 8 points. Camden will be lucky to score.

Edited by vandyfan1
  • Like 2

I am always wary of Camden. Always bigger and a very physical team. Last year they quit early after marching it down the Panthers throat before a fumble turned into a 102 yard fumble return. But that was last year and they probably have a different mindset under McConnell. I expect a hard hitting game and Camden keeping it close

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

We could debate if Huntingdon is better than Riverside but we will will never know. (I think Riverside is better) 

Also Cheatham County couldn’t beat their way out of a wet paper sack. Harpeth isn’t that good either. I’m sure Camden is better than they were when Waverly played them but Riverside wins this one by multiple scores hands down. 

Agree 100%. Pretty much what I was going to say. I’m sure Camden has gotten better. They will continue to get better. New coach. New system. New everything. It takes time to learn, however I don’t think Camden will win this game. I see Camden winning 2 more games, Stewart Co and Sycamore. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Trollin said:

Agree 100%. Pretty much what I was going to say. I’m sure Camden has gotten better. They will continue to get better. New coach. New system. New everything. It takes time to learn, however I don’t think Camden will win this game. I see Camden winning 2 more games, Stewart Co and Sycamore. 

If they do that then they'll reach the Class 3A State Playoffs and depending on Harpeth's success against Cheatham, Stewart, and Sycamore they could potentially be hosting a First Round Playoff Game.  

Take your region for instance, I believe the Waverly/Riverside winner will finish 1st and the other will wind up 2nd.  They'll both be playing at home come November.  Houston County is realistically the 3rd team out of your region and should finish there despite that forfeit "loss" to Scotts Hill.  The #4 spot will probably be decided in a county battle when Hickman County/East Hickman play one another.  

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

If they do that then they'll reach the Class 3A State Playoffs and depending on Harpeth's success against Cheatham, Stewart, and Sycamore they could potentially be hosting a First Round Playoff Game.  

Take your region for instance, I believe the Waverly/Riverside winner will finish 1st and the other will wind up 2nd.  They'll both be playing at home come November.  Houston County is realistically the 3rd team out of your region and should finish there despite that forfeit "loss" to Scotts Hill.  The #4 spot will probably be decided in a county battle when Hickman County/East Hickman play one another.  

Well luckily for Camden, Cheatham Sycamore and Stewart are terrible. Camden will be 3-7 playing in the playoffs and will be one and done. They will be better next year. 

Edited by Trollin

17 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well luckily for Camden, Cheatham Sycamore and Stewart are terrible. Camden will be 3-7 playing in the playoffs and will be one and done. They will be better next year. 

What a problem we have when teams with horrid records make the playoffs ! Reminds me of no 1 win region 8 teams making the post season . Gotta be a better way !