• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
FBfan26

Hillsboro vs Pearl Cohn

This is Week 1 for both of these teams. Hillsboro’s returns their Sr QB and getting a new OC “Zach Mettenberger” LSU/Titans but lost there big time RB. PC is a senior heavy team lead by our QB. Also PC will have a new person calling defense this year. Who you got?

Edited by FBfan26

13 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

This is Week 1 for both of these teams. Hillsboro’s returns their Sr QB and getting a new OC “Zach Mettenberger” LSU/Titans but lost there big time RB. PC is a senior heavy team lead by our QB. Also PC will have a new person calling defense this year. Who you got?

Zach Mettenberger:  calling offense with Hillsboro

vs

Tony Brunetti:  calling defense with Pearl-Cohn

This game was a SHOOTOUT last year at Tennessee State.  It looked like Hillsboro had the game all but won and then Pearl-Cohn rallied late.  

This will be a great battle.  I'm thinking about riding over to PC next Friday night to watch the contest in person once again.  I'm glad Metro gets to play again.  

This should be interesting, AND it's the MYTV30 Friday night rivals game of the week too, I will at least be recording this, not sure who to go with tbh...

What’s the ticket situation for this game, and for Metro in general? West TN is generally limiting ticket sales pretty much. Like 1000 or 1500 per game. I just wondered what y’all are doing?

20 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

What’s the ticket situation for this game, and for Metro in general? West TN is generally limiting ticket sales pretty much. Like 1000 or 1500 per game. I just wondered what y’all are doing?

No fans at the moment 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

No fans at the moment 

That has to be tough for players. I guess it's the same atmosphere as a pre-season scrimmage when there's nobody there.

32 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

That has to be tough for players. I guess it's the same atmosphere as a pre-season scrimmage when there's nobody there.

Bands and Cheerleaders allowed so that will definitely help for the most part.

20 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Zach Mettenberger:  calling offense with Hillsboro

vs

Tony Brunetti:  calling defense with Pearl-Cohn

This game was a SHOOTOUT last year at Tennessee State.  It looked like Hillsboro had the game all but won and then Pearl-Cohn rallied late.  

This will be a great battle.  I'm thinking about riding over to PC next Friday night to watch the contest in person once again.  I'm glad Metro gets to play again.  

It might be PC defense vs. Hillsboro offense, but know way Brunetti out coaches Mettenberger. Brunetti is a good coach and person but no way is he as good as Mettenburger.

Edited by hardtackle

On 9/21/2020 at 6:28 AM, hardtackle said:

It might be PC defense vs. Hillsboro offense, but know way Brunetti out coaches Mettenberger. Brunetti is a good coach and person but no way is he as good as Mettenburger.

Tackle I think you just want a reaction from one of us with this comment lol. This guy has never coached a down and your ready to crown him lol. 

Edited by FBfan26
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

There are 2 TSSAA Hall of Fame Head Football Coaches coaching in this game.  I wouldn't be so "quick" to cast judgement on either of them.  There aren't many coaches who can say that they've won 100+ games and guided 2 teams to the State Championship Game and both of these guys are on that short list.  

Maurice Fitzgerald Coaching Resume

1989-2005 at Pearl-Cohn:  104-89

2015-2016 at Stratford:  18-5

2017-2019 at Hillsboro:  21-15

OVERALL RECORD:  143-109 (1996 & 1997 Class 4A State Championships)

Tony Brunetti Coaching Resume

2006-2019 at Pearl-Cohn/OVERALL:  123-58 (2015 Class 4A State Runner-Up; 2019 Class 3A State Runner-Up)