Where is the IMG vs Ravenwood posts? Smh

FBfan26

6 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Oh yeah I know trust me, they won't pick on the big boys. Their "safe" zone is heritage and William blount 

So you want to see Maryville take on the hand picked recruited High School All Stars just for the fact you want to see them get beat that bad, very interesting.  Heritage and William Blount are both ran by the county which both have let their programs fall into a complete mess after all the new wore off from the beginning. Parents are different and have been for the most part for well over 25 years now and if their kid has any possibility of going on after high school many have abandoned these under funded programs. There was a time back in the very early 90's that the county came close to ending football programs until a large group pf people gathered on the courthouse lawn to call out for the County Executives head and you wonder why these families abandon ship. Any coach taking on either one of these programs has three times the work most head coaches would normally have and that's the big reason most good coaches will not apply for these jobs when they come open. Maryville or Alcoa don't go knocking on these players door to come play for them, it's the very opposite and don't let someone lie to you and tell you different. Poor ole Shad has applied at so many places to get out of William Blount he probably feels like he's on an episode of The Twilight Zone.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

So you want to see Maryville take on the hand picked recruited High School All Stars just for the fact you want to see them get beat that bad, very interesting.  Heritage and William Blount are both ran by the county which both have let their programs fall into a complete mess after all the new wore off from the beginning. Parents are different and have been for the most part for well over 25 years now and if their kid has any possibility of going on after high school many have abandoned these under funded programs. There was a time back in the very early 90's that the county came close to ending football programs until a large group pf people gathered on the courthouse lawn to call out for the County Executives head and you wonder why these families abandon ship. Any coach taking on either one of these programs has three times the work most head coaches would normally have and that's the big reason most good coaches will not apply for these jobs when they come open. Maryville or Alcoa don't go knocking on these players door to come play for them, it's the very opposite and don't let someone lie to you and tell you different. Poor ole Shad has applied at so many places to get out of William Blount he probably feels like he's on an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Yeah its really nothing against Heritage or William Blount, they really have fell behind the eight ball with their programs, maybe never get them back. If they could. Why not just make 1 school out of the 2. But its not that I'm saying Marivul should play IMG, in fact noone in Tennessee should play them, just saying Marivul could schedule a couple bigger games every 5 years. Not every year, but like 2 per 5 years. Find a reasonable out of state team or play a private, i think you guys could compete with some if not all the privates. 

Edited by Thund3rStruck

Shad is finding out that coaching is over rated. He won 2 state championships at Smyrna because of great players.  Coaching is only as good as your players. I would say that if Maryville or Alcoa coach was at WB results would be the same. I would say Alcoa coach would have to be drugged and dragged to WB , he is smart enough to know. He would have never left Riverdale if they were not losing players to adding schools in Rutherford Co. I think he is a good coach but will only coach in a talent loaded program.  

15 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

Shad is finding out that coaching is over rated. He won 2 state championships at Smyrna because of great players.  Coaching is only as good as your players. I would say that if Maryville or Alcoa coach was at WB results would be the same. I would say Alcoa coach would have to be drugged and dragged to WB , he is smart enough to know. He would have never left Riverdale if they were not losing players to adding schools in Rutherford Co. I think he is a good coach but will only coach in a talent loaded program.  

Your big problem with those 2 county schools is if you did get a good coach you have to adopted all the old coaches assistants and may be lucky if you can bring even one. 

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your big problem with those 2 county schools is if you did get a good coach you have to adopted all the old coaches assistants and may be lucky if you can bring even one. 

Just sayin it is about talent and not so much coaching. If WB had better talent they could run any offense or defense and win. How many players does WB have that would be starters for Maryville or Alcoa?

23 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Yeah its really nothing against Heritage or William Blount, they really have fell behind the eight ball with their programs, maybe never get them back. If they could. Why not just make 1 school out of the 2. But its not that I'm saying Marivul should play IMG, in fact noone in Tennessee should play them, just saying Marivul could schedule a couple bigger games every 5 years. Not every year, but like 2 per 5 years. Find a reasonable out of state team or play a private, i think you guys could compete with some if not all the privates. 

I pull for all the schools in Blount County to win after our game with them. I know so many of the parents of kids from all the other schools it would be hard not to. I pay a little extra attention to Heritage because the school is so close to my house I can walk out the back door and listen to the game. Back in the late 80's the county cut the middle school football program out at Eagleton Middle School which was the feeder program for Heritage leaving you with 2 options, pay $300 tuition for Alcoa which was closer or not play for two years. This was when Heritage took a nosedive and never recovered, the damage was permanent even when Eagleton resumed football years later, the trail to Alcoa was paved. Now the going out of state question. I played on the last Maryville team that went out of state and we beat Middlesboro everywhere except the scoreboard, a home cooking of a lifetime and many Maryville fans never wanted a situation like that again. Alcoa suffered the same thing just a few short years ago in Kentucky and watching that game was just like reliving what we had went through. In all theory it's great except for being 16 on 11 instead of 11 on 11. If they want to come here I'm all for it but you have to go there the next year.

20 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

Just sayin it is about talent and not so much coaching. If WB had better talent they could run any offense or defense and win. How many players does WB have that would be starters for Maryville or Alcoa?

WB has some decent players from time to time. They have a few that could play at Maryville. Discipline is the thing WB don't have, not players. I see it in all their games I watch. They can't play without a bar room brawl during the game sometime or the other.

WB has some decent players from time to time. They have a few that could play at Maryville. Discipline is the thing WB don't have, not players. I see it in all their games I watch. They can't play without a bar room brawl during the game sometime or the other.

Well that explains alot, what is Heritage's issue Barney? Lack of support or kids interested, lack of investment by coaches?