Where is the IMG vs Ravenwood posts? Smh

FBfan26

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Exposure! You got some teams that don’t mind lining up and going head to head with the best no matter what state

Some "exposure" isn't  all ways good "exposure"  getting throttled and embarrassed is not my definition of "exposure".  If anything it could expose the kids on Ravenwood with power 5 offers.  Why risk that.  JMO     

9 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Shad is finding out that coaching is over rated. He won 2 state championships at Smyrna because of great players.  Coaching is only as good as your players. I would say that if Maryville or Alcoa coach was at WB results would be the same. I would say Alcoa coach would have to be drugged and dragged to WB , he is smart enough to know. He would have never left Riverdale if they were not losing players to adding schools in Rutherford Co. I think he is a good coach but will only coach in a talent loaded program.  

The Cleveland-Smyrna 4A semifinal game in 1995 remains one of the 3 best games I ever saw. They were well coached and I don’t remember any big time players. We scored in the last minute to pull out the win. Blackman had been open several years before Rankin left Riverdale. It didn’t hurt them. Siegel opened about the time he left. I am sure that it would have eventually caught up with them though. 

48 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

The Cleveland-Smyrna 4A semifinal game in 1995 remains one of the 3 best games I ever saw. They were well coached and I don’t remember any big time players. We scored in the last minute to pull out the win. Blackman had been open several years before Rankin left Riverdale. It didn’t hurt them. Siegel opened about the time he left. I am sure that it would have eventually caught up with them though. 

The only reason that semifinals wasn't Maryville versus Cleveland was due to injuries. Smyrna was good, but they couldn't hang with us full strength when we beat them in the regular season and neither could have Cleveland. Unfortunately we'll never know.

21 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Not sure. Just don’t like the concept would be my guess. They played two top teams from Gwinnett Co. a few year’s ago and wiped them off the field. 

"Concept" meaning potentially recruiting GA kids?  As a competitor I would want to play the best, regardless of the school or M.O.  There will always be a Bama, Clemson, NY Yankees, Duke, Patriots, etc.

Edited by JRB
spelling

6 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

It doesn't matter how bad they get beat, the boys on Ravenwood are probably pumped up to be playing someone like IMG. It gives them something to look forward to. They will probably be nervous, but they will learn alot from a team that has 20 d1 players and have fun doing so. 

It's about competing and measuring yourself against the best.  And it's probably a once in lifetime for most of the Ravenwood kids.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JRB said:

"Concept" meaning potentially recruiting GA kids?  As a competitor I would want to play the best, regardless of the school or M.O.  There will always be a Bama, Clemson, NY Yankees, Duke, Patriots, etc.

No, sir. Concept meaning a loaded up team that travels all over the country.