Where is the IMG vs Ravenwood posts? Smh

FBfan26

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

The only reason that semifinals wasn't Maryville versus Cleveland was due to injuries. Smyrna was good, but they couldn't hang with us full strength when we beat them in the regular season and neither could have Cleveland. Unfortunately we'll never know.

You may be correct. That was, by far, the weakest of the 3 state title teams at Cleveland. Still not sure how we pulled that Smyrna game out. We beat an average Haywood Co. team in the finals. 

5 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

You may be correct. That was, by far, the weakest of the 3 state title teams at Cleveland. Still not sure how we pulled that Smyrna game out. We beat an average Haywood Co. team in the finals. 

I remember after the jamboree in 95 when Benny watched the film he said that we lined up incorrectly on 70% of our offensive plays. We were like “How bad of a season is this going to be?” 

One final thought on that Cleveland-Smyrna game. After we scored to take our first lead with one minute left, Smyrna flew down the field to our 20 yard line. Tez Davis saved the season by, right in front of me, hitting the Smyrna receiver in the back, in the end zone, at just the right time on 3rd down. One second earlier it would’ve been interference, one second later it would’ve been a touchdown. We stopped them on 4th down and it was on to Nashville. 

1 hour ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Well i have to say, in 2018 Mt Juliet was the 2nd best team in 6a. Losing a defensive struggle to Oakland that year in the quarters was a shame. That was the championship game 

And that is their all time highlight.  By the way Maryville beat Oakland earlier that season.  They did drill Maryville in the Semifinals.  Maryville used that 38 0 loss as motivation in 2019.

5 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Some "exposure" isn't  all ways good "exposure"  getting throttled and embarrassed is not my definition of "exposure".  If anything it could expose the kids on Ravenwood with power 5 offers.  Why risk that.  JMO     

You know IMG has been beat plenty of times right? It’s some Florida 3a schools with maybe 2 or 3 D1 kids who go head to head with them and don’t get caught up in the hype. Think about it. If your a Boarder line player this is your game!

2 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Hammontree gave Monroe the defense we ran against Smyrna, we couldn't score because all of our starters at RB and WR were injured. 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

One final thought on that Cleveland-Smyrna game. After we scored to take our first lead with one minute left, Smyrna flew down the field to our 20 yard line. Tez Davis saved the season by, right in front of me, hitting the Smyrna receiver in the back, in the end zone, at just the right time on 3rd down. One second earlier it would’ve been interference, one second later it would’ve been a touchdown. We stopped them on 4th down and it was on to Nashville. 

Tony Styles had the 4th down stop for Cleveland but Smyrna definitely had some studs on that team. One you mentioned was a D1 All American (Luke Powell @ Stanford). He was the WR against Cleveland but played QB for them his Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years.

2 hours ago, REBELRON said:

And that is their all time highlight.  By the way Maryville beat Oakland earlier that season.  They did drill Maryville in the Semifinals.  Maryville used that 38 0 loss as motivation in 2019.

You know what's funny, Ron? One of my cousins is a Mount Juliet guy and says Boo Boo bear is delusional. He said Wilson Central is extremely small this year and MJ barely beat them. Yeah, sure Boo Boo can point out that we came out flat against Bearden (which is true) but we still shut them out. Cuz says MJ would be a mid tier 5A team in this area if they continue to play like that.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

You know what's funny, Ron? One of my cousins is a Mount Juliet guy and says Boo Boo bear is delusional. He said Wilson Central is extremely small this year and MJ barely beat them. Yeah, sure Boo Boo can point out that we came out flat against Bearden (which is true) but we still shut them out. Cuz says MJ would be a mid tier 5A team in this area if they continue to play like that.

Using your logic....well we’re still 4-0!!!!