UC vs SS, Can the Hawks Fly in Tornado Alley

Bigsw02

My Tornadoes are putting together somewhat of a win streak. We are improving each week and getting better at certain aspects of the game. However, we are still needing to have more discipline on silly mistakes and unnecessary penalties. I'm sure the Hawks will be ready to play. The Tornadoes need to have their best game of the season this week to come out on top. What say you?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side was down several starters against the best team in West Tennessee (Hardin County) and played hard. They’re a team that could’ve used a whole spring ball and more practices this fall. If that was the case, I think people would take them more serious. 
Regarding to the game, Union City should be fine. But if discipline is an issue at Union City, then that’ll definitely keep the Hawks in the game. South Side, to me, is a pretty good discipline football team from what I saw Friday night giving the situations they have been in. I still think UC will win by 10-14, but SS will definitely give UC all they can handle, it just may not be enough.

44 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

My Tornadoes are putting together somewhat of a win streak. We are improving each week and getting better at certain aspects of the game. However, we are still needing to have more discipline on silly mistakes and unnecessary penalties. I'm sure the Hawks will be ready to play. The Tornadoes need to have their best game of the season this week to come out on top. What say you?

They are fast on defense. They gave Peabody trouble in the first half. It was 13 to 9 South side at halftime. After the half they made a lot of mistakes on special teams that helped the tide win 40 to 13.

Edited by PHSRollTide

50 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

South Side was down several starters against the best team in West Tennessee (Hardin County) and played hard. They’re a team that could’ve used a whole spring ball and more practices this fall. If that was the case, I think people would take them more serious. 
Regarding to the game, Union City should be fine. But if discipline is an issue at Union City, then that’ll definitely keep the Hawks in the game. South Side, to me, is a pretty good discipline football team from what I saw Friday night giving the situations they have been in. I still think UC will win by 10-14, but SS will definitely give UC all they can handle, it just may not be enough.

From what I have seen from both teams live ,this is a pick em,of course I am pulling for UC but SS has more speed and a decent O line,if the SS QB gets time SS wins,if UC forces the ball out fast UC wins.. Sounds simple but I think that's what it comes down to 

12 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

Southside's defense has been good most years under the current head coach. I think they take this game in a close one because of their defense. 

Very well might be the X factor,they have played UC a number of years now and the more you see that style of offense the better you can adapt.

Edited by PeabodyPride

12 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

From what I have seen from both teams live ,this is a pick em,of course I am pulling for UC but SS has more speed and a decent O line,if the SS QB gets time SS wins,if UC forces the ball out fast UC wins.. Sounds simple but I think that's what it comes down to 

Our D-Line has been doing a better job recently at getting pressure on QB. Hope that continues, and in that case hope you are right Pride. However the rest of this season goes, I am proud of this team. With a new coach, a lot of players playing new positions, and no ordinary preseason, they have come out played hard and played well overall. Continue to improve and enjoy the year.

13 minutes ago, TennReb31 said:

Our D-Line has been doing a better job recently at getting pressure on QB. Hope that continues, and in that case hope you are right Pride. However the rest of this season goes, I am proud of this team. With a new coach, a lot of players playing new positions, and no ordinary preseason, they have come out played hard and played well overall. Continue to improve and enjoy the year.

If you can pressure the QB they will try to get the edge with speed,I think your linebackers have enough talent and will stay home well enough to stop the backs from gaining large chunks on those plays,I will be very honest this is the most athletic SS team we have seen in years,do not be surprised by a dog fight ,I know your staff will be prepared but I think this is a one score game !

29 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I think SS wins. Pretty good bunch of interior lineman that blow off the balls quick, they have some good speed on offense. I’m just going by how they played against us, coming off playing Hardin County they might be nicked up a little 

Actually they was banged up from playing when they played Hardin !

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

If you can pressure the QB they will try to get the edge with speed,I think your linebackers have enough talent and will stay home well enough to stop the backs from gaining large chunks on those plays,I will be very honest this is the most athletic SS team we have seen in years,do not be surprised by a dog fight ,I know your staff will be prepared but I think this is a one score game !

I watched a little of y’all’s game with them this weekend. They are very fast and fly to the ball. Discipline is an issue I would say with their assignments but their athleticism helps compensate for that. I think if we can grind out long drives and keep the ball out of their hands we can win. If we can win the line of scrimmage battle like you all did we can win. If we don’t it will be a tough night.