Lenoir City comes to Greenback

orngnblk

24 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

Coaches should be making every effort to socially distance players so that if one kid tests positive, it affects very few other players.  I realize this isn't guaranteed to keep games from being cancelled.  It definitely will help though because you can still play with what you have.  Now, if you have low numbers to start with like many 1 and 2 a schools do, just a couple players can have a greater effect than with teams with bigger numbers.  If coaches aren't taking these precautions in practice, travel, and in locker rooms, then they aren't doing their part to make sure football is played.  Not saying this is what happened in this situation, just making a general statement.  Just my 2 cents.  Not that anyone ever cares :) 

And we have played with one out with Covid.Multiple is a no go tho.We dont have enough older kids.We have 20 of 43 that are Freshman.It is what it is.Your no gonna keep this crap out,lts just a matter of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

the bottom line is they are kids they're going to do what they want to and it's not always the right thing unfortunately

I agree. You can keep them maintained at school for social distance but when it comes to outside of school not so much. The recovery rate is so high that I do think it's crazy to penalize whole teams for one kid. 

7 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

We had a kid show up for practice on a Tuesday not feeling well. Coaches sent him home. He went to the Dr on Wednesday and was tested. Results came back on Friday and he was positive. I guess we could've kept it quiet just to play a ballgame and potentially put other kids at risk and jeopardize another teams season but we chose not to. I don't get on here as much as I used to because it's always the same BS and usually the same people. Hope your guys have a speedy recovery and wish you well the rest of the way.

Did someone question the kid getting sick or the timing I would like to know. The only thing negative I've read is turning down the reason to play.

23 minutes ago, team69 said:

Did someone question the kid getting sick or the timing I would like to know. The only thing negative I've read is turning down the reason to play.

Yeah there were a couple that did. Had a couple say we played one the week before against Polk and hid it and we were gonna be in trouble once the investigation was over. The biggest problem I had was all the stuff that was said that the kids actually saw. I saw some screenshots from some of the sp kids which isn't a big deal because kids will be kids and smack talk is part of it. There were some adults that said some things that should have never been said to teenage boys that had no control over the playing of the game. I know it was a huge let down to a lot of people and a lot of money lost for sp. Some have said the game shouldn't be played unless we come to sp 2 yrs in a row. I know that's not going to happen. Some say don't ever play us again because of it. I am ok with that honestly. But for those that suggest we were scared to play is laughable. No one is scared to play sp. You might beat us but you can't eat us lol. I'm sure some will respond with some smart a comments but it is what it is. I enjoy the banter sometimes but its gotten worse this year.

1 minute ago, PurplePower68 said:

Yeah there were a couple that did. Had a couple say we played one the week before against Polk and hid it and we were gonna be in trouble once the investigation was over. The biggest problem I had was all the stuff that was said that the kids actually saw. I saw some screenshots from some of the sp kids which isn't a big deal because kids will be kids and smack talk is part of it. There were some adults that said some things that should have never been said to teenage boys that had no control over the playing of the game. I know it was a huge let down to a lot of people and a lot of money lost for sp. Some have said the game shouldn't be played unless we come to sp 2 yrs in a row. I know that's not going to happen. Some say don't ever play us again because of it. I am ok with that honestly. But for those that suggest we were scared to play is laughable. No one is scared to play sp. You might beat us but you can't eat us lol. I'm sure some will respond with some smart a comments but it is what it is. I enjoy the banter sometimes but its gotten worse this year.

Sp/Jasper is what it is.  Both sides have said and did things over the years that carry to far.  Personally I would hate the series to stop.

One thing about a message board is that alot of people like to throw their dog into someone else's race. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, team69 said:

Sp/Jasper is what it is.  Both sides have said and did things over the years that carry to far.  Personally I would hate the series to stop.

One thing about a message board is that alot of people like to throw their dog into someone else's race. 

I didn't mean for my post to sound hateful toward you if that's the way it came across. Like you said it's a rivalry and I understand some of the talk and that's why I kinda stayed out of it. I was made aware of some conversations between both coaching staffs that I won't repeat so as to not throw a very reliable source under the bus. The situation between the staffs is not as heated as is being portrayed in the media. I am pretty sure the game will continue being played without a hitch in the coming years.