McKenzie to host USJ September 25

VOLnWTN

USJ has an all-time record of 8-3 vs McKenzie and this will be the first meeting of the two teams since 1992. 

I haven't seen McKenzie on film yet. On the surface, I think this will be a fairly even matchup. I'm just glad both teams continue to find a way to play ball. McKenzie has beaten rival Huntingdon and made a decent run at Peabody. USJ suffered their first loss of the season last week against Jackson Christian. One of the Bruins' strengths is their line and they will still be missing an important 2-way starter to quarantine this week, but his replacements held their own last Friday. More importantly, the head coach will be back on the sideline and this should help keep the troops focused. 

From what I have watched on the little video I have come across, USJ is a talented team.  They are big on both lines and seem very agile.  The one piece of video I watched was against NCS.  The linebackers are quick and really attack you.  Offensively, I was very impressed with the QB.  He seemed very calm and ran the offense (spread from what I could tell with some option ran out of it) smoothly.  The backs both have good speed and will be challenge to contain, especially behind that big offensive line.  McKenzie has a big line as well along with two outstanding running backs. I am anticipating McKenzie starting sophomore Jackson Cassidy at QB.  His first action this year was in the Peabody game and you could tell it was his first time truly under the Friday night lights. I look for this one to be close and of course, I have to go with my Rebels to win it.  I am worried the two week layoff will hurt the Rebels early so knocking the rust off needs to happen quickly and early. 

Safe travels to our friends from USJ.  

If you are interested, you can listen to the ballgame in McKenzie on 98.9 FM or by calling 518-896-1349 on your phone.  https://zeno.fm/whdm-am/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, warhawk said:

Very glad both these teams able to get this game on the schedule.     If McKenzie platoons on offense and defense, USJ will have a lot of trouble.   If Mckenzie plays 15-17 kids both ways then USJ gonna do very well. 

This will be interesting for the USJ talented line simply because them Rebels are huge up front !!! I wanna take McKenzie in this but after the down time I am worried USJ will come out pissed and hungry and get up fast,then McKenzie has to play catch up which favors USJ heavily ! Since we play Thursday I am hoping to get a ticket to see this game which imo will be one of the best of the week !!! 

7 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

This will be interesting for the USJ talented line simply because them Rebels are huge up front !!! I wanna take McKenzie in this but after the down time I am worried USJ will come out pissed and hungry and get up fast,then McKenzie has to play catch up which favors USJ heavily ! Since we play Thursday I am hoping to get a ticket to see this game which imo will be one of the best of the week !!! 

image.png.52d458261b50fc3f08ed4471f6886744.png

11 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

If you make the trip, send me a message and come up to the pressbox and say hi. I will message you my number. 

Edited by VOLnWTN