3. Copper Basin 5-0 114 4
4. Huntingdon 4-1 113 3
5. Fayetteville (1) 4-1 93 6
6. Coalfield 4-0 76 7
7. Moore County 4-1 60 5
8. Greenfield 4-0 51 9
9. Cornersville 4-1 50 8
10. Monterey 3-0 30 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: none.

But what is the should-be-official Southtowner poll?

From what I am hearing South Pittsburg is not ranked high enough.  #1 just doesn't seem to be high enough after all they can only be taken down by Covid come November.  There will be a real battle for the silver ball on the west side of the bracket.  Lake County is still riding the State Championship wave which is understandable but they are nothing like they were last season.  Huntingdon is also a shadow of their self from last year not impressed at all.  I know nothing about Region 5.  If there is a dominate team there they will represent the west side of the bracket in the State Championship game.  Outsiders looking in McEwen, Collinwood, Dresden and Bruceton may make some waves.

Edited by BigStickDiplomacy
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

From what I am hearing South Pittsburg is not ranked high enough.  #1 just doesn't seem to be high enough after all they can only be taken down by Covid come November.  There will be a real battle for the silver ball on the west side of the bracket.  Lake County is still riding the State Championship wave which is understandable but they are nothing like they were last season.  Huntingdon is also a shadow of their self from last year not impressed at all.  I know nothing about Region 5.  If there is a dominate team there they will represent the west side of the bracket in the State Championship game.  Outsiders looking in McEwen, Collinwood, Dresden and Bruceton may make some waves.

Good post. 

50 minutes ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Old Pirate says the Pirates have way too many problems that need fixin to ignore or overlook ANY battle ahead. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Behold my mighty pole.

ghows-TH-200409740-02eb0c76.jpg?width=66

SouthTown Top 10

1  South Pittsburg
2* Gordonsville
3* Lake County
4* Huntingdon
5* Copper Basin
6* Coalfield
7* Fayetteville
8* Moore County
9* Monterey
10* Cornersville

Honorable Mention*:   Greenfield  Clay County

Dark Horse: COVID  

* Denotes:  Subject To Change

TrainTrack, is that you?  LMBO

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Behold my mighty pole.

ghows-TH-200409740-02eb0c76.jpg?width=66

SouthTown Top 10

1  South Pittsburg
2* Gordonsville
3* Lake County
4* Huntingdon
5* Copper Basin
6* Coalfield
7* Fayetteville
8* Moore County
9* Monterey
10* Cornersville

Honorable Mention*:   Greenfield  Clay County

Dark Horse: COVID  

* Denotes:  Subject To Change

I have the same teams, just in different order.  I do think Gordonsville could be higher on my list.  I do agree with your dark horse though.  

1. SOUTH PITTSBURG
2. LAKE COUNTY
3. HUNTINGDON
4. GORDONSVILLE
5. MOORE COUNTY
6. FAYETTEVILLE
7. COPPER BASIN
8. CORNERSVILLE
9. COALFIELD
10. MONTEREY

3 hours ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Not so fast. It is true Lake County is a young team and not like last year team but I am fairly confident that both Lake County and Huntingdon will play in the semifinals. The others you mentioned are a notch below this two in the west. Lake County will be just fine against 1A competition as will Huntingdon.  So. Pitt is the overwhelming favorite to win a gold ball. Anything short of that is a complete failure and they may need to look within their program if that happens. So. Pitt has been favorite every year for the past 7 or 8 years and have not got the job done. It makes you wonder. This is the pirates year to get it done. If not there is something wrong on the pirate ship.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Not so fast. It is true Lake County is a young team and not like last year team but I am fairly confident that both Lake County and Huntingdon will play in the semifinals. The others you mentioned are a notch below this two in the west. Lake County will be just fine against 1A competition as will Huntingdon.  So. Pitt is the overwhelming favorite to win a gold ball. Anything short of that is a complete failure and they may need to look within their program if that happens. So. Pitt has been favorite every year for the past 7 or 8 years and have not got the job done. It makes you wonder. This is the pirates year to get it done. If not there is something wrong on the pirate ship.

No doubt LC will be in the semis again. Huntingdon is not a notch above this season however. We are squarely in the same pack as Fayetteville, Moore County, Cornersville, etc. We COULD be in the semis again if we continue to improve and peak in the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

No doubt LC will be in the semis again. Huntingdon is not a notch above this season however. We are squarely in the same pack as Fayetteville, Moore County, Cornersville, etc. We COULD be in the semis again if we continue to improve and peak in the playoffs. 

Huntingdon is just like Lake County both teams are extremely young. They are both trying to find an identity. Huntingdon is very talented and I feel both Lake County and Huntingdon will figure things out by the time the playoffs start. LC may lose to Westview and Ripley but will be fine against 1A teams. Huntingdon lost to McKenzie and may lose to Milan but are fine against 1A teams. LC struggled through the Dresden game just like Huntingdon struggled with Bruceton. I know for a fact LC dominated the Dresden game and I suspect Huntingdon dominated the Bruceton game. Like I said both teams are very young and will keep getting better. Don't get me wrong I am no way saying that these other 1A teams cannot beat LC or Huntingdon but I do like both teams chances against the 1A teams in the west.

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I have the same teams, just in different order.  I do think Gordonsville could be higher on my list.  I do agree with your dark horse though.  

1. SOUTH PITTSBURG
2. LAKE COUNTY
3. HUNTINGDON
4. GORDONSVILLE
5. MOORE COUNTY
6. FAYETTEVILLE
7. COPPER BASIN
8. CORNERSVILLE
9. COALFIELD
10. MONTEREY

Just curious why you have Moore Co ahead of Fayetteville when Fayetteville beat them last week?