Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

What I recall from last year is that Covington ran back the opening kickoff for a TD. After that, we scored no more. Milan scored twice and won 14-7.

Milan's defense was the difference in that game. We had the ball 4th down and short at least 4 or 5 times. We went for it every time, and as I recall, Milan stopped us every time. 

We are going to need to do better on Offense to win this one. Luckily the game is at Covington this year.

The winner of this game moves into 1st place in Region 7-3A standings. But, both SGC and Westview still would have a chance to win the Region. And SGC appears to be coming on strong, off their win over Haywood.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

What I recall from last year is that Covington ran back the opening kickoff for a TD. After that, we scored no more. Milan scored twice and won 14-7.

Milan's defense was the difference in that game. We had the ball 4th down and short at least 4 or 5 times. We went for it every time, and as I recall, Milan stopped us every time. 

We are going to need to do better on Offense to win this one. Luckily the game is at Covington this year.

The winner of this game moves into 1st place in Region 7-3A standings. But, both SGC and Westview still would have a chance to win the Region. And SGC appears to be coming on strong, off their win over Haywood.

The game being at yalls place will make a difference. Y’all should be the favorite. We just hope to keep it close. :)

I saw Covington last week and Milan firsthand tonight. Talk about a lot of speed on a football field. I think Milan has more speed on offense compared to Covington's offense, but Covington has more speed on defense compared to Milan’s defense. So it’s speed on speed on speed. Honestly I think I was a little more impressed with Covington. With it being at Covington I’m giving them a slight nod but it’s very slight. Milan’s QB is smooth but he didn’t really show me he could back the D off with his arm at least tonight. But boy him and #26 are a handful. The only thing I’m really relatively sure about is there will be a rematch in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by Mustang1969
  • Upvote 1

We are starting to get in the mix of things with the playoffs.... We are starting to find out who is, and who is not. 

This game means a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have my eyes pealed back for this contest. I have been waiting on it for a while. Both teams have very respectable programs, coaches, and teams. Covington year in and year out is always a tough out. Milan has a new coach, new stadium, and a revamped program. 

Should be a barn burner!!! 

I will give my prediction later in the week.