Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

36 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

So you're saying Covington isn't as good as Trenton Peabody?

Peabody got Milan in their first game with a whole new coaching staff, and their first game in a brand new stadium. If someone had a gun to my head, I might bet Covington in this one because it just takes longer than a handful of games to install an offense, and the Chargers have a smothering D, but I'm gonna say that you'd better get 'em now.

32 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Peabody got Milan in their first game with a whole new coaching staff, and their first game in a brand new stadium. If someone had a gun to my head, I might bet Covington in this one because it just takes longer than a handful of games to install an offense, and the Chargers have a smothering D, but I'm gonna say that you'd better get 'em now.

The offense is rolling now in Milan. Putting up right at 44pts per game since the Peabody loss and against good competition. South Gibson, Lexington and Huntingdung are 13-5 combined. None of them have a defense like Covington though. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Hey Machine, 

Do you know how many tickets Covington is giving to Milan by chance? They are allowing season ticket holders and an additional 150 tickets sold at Covington. Tipton County has been one of the tightest on fan restrictions since this all started. I hate it...I've always enjoyed the atmosphere of this game.

1 hour ago, 00Chargers said:

Hey Machine, 

Do you know how many tickets Covington is giving to Milan by chance? They are allowing season ticket holders and an additional 150 tickets sold at Covington. Tipton County has been one of the tightest on fan restrictions since this all started. I hate it...I've always enjoyed the atmosphere of this game.

I have no idea man. I can let you know hen we get them. 

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

So you're saying Covington isn't as good as Trenton Peabody?

No, I am saying the Milan team that is playing right now is not the same Milan team that played week 1. It was there first game with a new head coach, new offense, new defense, new special teams, new literally everything. Unfortunately, for Milan they had to play one of the very best teams in the entire state all classes in that game. If Milan and Trenton played right now I think the game would be closer. 

22 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

No, I am saying the Milan team that is playing right now is not the same Milan team that played week 1. It was there first game with a new head coach, new offense, new defense, new special teams, new literally everything. Unfortunately, for Milan they had to play one of the very best teams in the entire state all classes in that game. If Milan and Trenton played right now I think the game would be closer. 

Covington is the favorite here. Been to the championship and semis the last 3 years. They are experienced and playing at home. They have talent all over the field and defense swarms to the ball. I don’t know if our little fellas can compete. I just hope we can keep it close. (In my best Lou Holtz voice)

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Covington is the favorite here. Been to the championship and semis the last 3 years. They are experienced and playing at home. They have talent all over the field and defense swarms to the ball. I don’t know if our little fellas can compete. I just hope we can keep it close. (In my best Lou Holtz voice)

Classic down-play.....ain't falling for it! LOL.....We know that Milan has just as much speed and talent and that they have improved every week with a new system. I also know that that coach is a proven winner and has a history of doing amazing things (Mississippi turn-around, yea I read about it). I'm just hoping that Covington keeps last year's L fresh in their mind and come out on all cylinders.