York Institute Football

secretagentman

On 10/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Indian said:

York only with room for 85 visiting fans Friday?

It's pretty dirty they did that. 

They know the Sequatchie fan base travels extremely well.  That amount of tickets isn't going to cover half the parents of the players much less when you add in parents of cheerleaders and regular fans.

The game should have been moved to Dunlap and if on the schedule next year Sequatchie then could have traveled to Jamestown.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

They know the Sequatchie fan base travels extremely well.  That amount of tickets isn't going to cover half the parents of the players much less when you add in parents of cheerleaders and regular fans.

The game should have been moved to Dunlap and if on the schedule next year Sequatchie then could have traveled to Jamestown.  

It's not dirty, It's COVID rules.... Trust me... nothing more that York would want than a full house... And why in the world would York give up a home game just to placate the visiting school?? They've already lost one home game this year due to field conditions.

13 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

York and Sequatchie won’t even play next year so moving the game to trade years isn’t even an option. I’m sure York hates the limited seating as much as anyone 

21 hours ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

It's not dirty, It's COVID rules.... Trust me... nothing more that York would want than a full house... And why in the world would York give up a home game just to placate the visiting school?? They've already lost one home game this year due to field conditions.

Just to be clear it's not a RULE,its a recommendation ONLY.You can have as many as you want.Some use the recommended to their advantage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Just to be clear it's not a RULE,its a recommendation ONLY.You can have as many as you want.Some use the recommended to their advantage.

And some are forced to by lawyers.  Sure wished there could have been more fans there last night for the second time this year a team showed up and played football. The ones that didn’t get in missed a dominating performance. Now to hope that team shows up next week as we travel to Livingston. 

37 minutes ago, option76 said:

And some are forced to by lawyers.  Sure wished there could have been more fans there last night for the second time this year a team showed up and played football. The ones that didn’t get in missed a dominating performance. Now to hope that team shows up next week as we travel to Livingston. 

My apologies!I didnt know lawyers were involved.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:30 AM, Sequatchie said:

There were plenty of tickets available at the gate. Sequatchie could have brought as many fans as they wanted. Every away game I've gone to I bought my ticket at the gate. Nonsense.

8 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

There were plenty of tickets available at the gate. Sequatchie could have brought as many fans as they wanted. Every away game I've gone to I bought my ticket at the gate. Nonsense.

According to our AD when he called to try and get more tickets.  He was told they would only have around 50-75 tickets available for sale at the gate beginning at 5PM.    People weren't going to take the chance to drive two hours and maybe be able to get in.

I myself didn't get a ticket either and this was the first Sequatchie Co. game I have missed in 25 years (1995 Playoff game in Greenville, TN to be exact) 

Edited by Sequatchie

4 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

According to our AD when he called to try and get more tickets.  He was told they would only have around 50-75 tickets available for sale at the gate beginning at 5PM.    People weren't going to take the chance to drive two hours and maybe be able to get in.

I myself didn't get a ticket either and this was the first Sequatchie Co. game I have missed in 25 years (1995 Playoff game in Greenville, TN to be exact) 

Better than some places we’ve played this where we were told show up at the gate not a snowballs chance in hades of getting in if your from the visiting team. 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:20 PM, secretagentman said:

What was witnessed tonight with the YAI football team and program has to be an all time low.  Extremely undisciplined football with a ton of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties.  Football is a contact physical sport but the performance shown by the Dragon Football team was very uncalled for in many different ways.  The administration at York needs to step in quickly before it gets majorly out of hand.

you started this thread to trash York and then run.  What do you think about their play the last 3 weeks?  I saw them play this past Friday against Sequatchie and they looked pretty good to me.  From what I understand they had Upperman on the ropes as well.