Region 7-3A is a Powerhouse

CHARGERFAN

Looking at Week 6 scores, the results for the top four teams in 7-3A are:

Covington 47     Ripley 14

Milan 49             Huntington 20

S, Gibson 52.     Haywood 35

Westview 62      Lake Co. 22

Overall records for these four teams are: Covington 5-0, Milan 4-1, SGC 4-2, and Westview 5-1. These results look even better when you realize that of the four losses suffered by these teams so far, two were to teams in 7-3A (Milan over SGC, Covington over Westview). I will bet that when the new AP poll comes out next week, all four will be in the top ten in 3A. 

Week 7 will feature Covington vs. Milan, and SGC vs. Westview. When the playoffs begin, this region will not face any opposition from 8-3A, because Shelby County is not playing football. So, these teams will have to knock each other off to see who advances. What appears pretty obvious is that whoever comes out of this region will be a tough team for the rest of 3A to handle.

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Overall records for these four teams are: Covington 5-0, Milan 4-1, SGC 4-2, and Westview 5-1. These results look even better when you realize that of the four losses suffered by these teams so far, two were to teams in 7-3A (Milan over SGC, Covington over Westview). I will bet that when the new AP poll comes out next week, all four will be in the top ten in 3A. 

Week 7 will feature Covington vs. Milan, and SGC vs. Westview. When the playoffs begin, this region will not face any opposition from 8-3A, because Shelby County is not playing football. So, these teams will have to knock each other off to see who advances. What appears pretty obvious is that whoever comes out of this region will be a tough team for the rest of 3A to handle.

The only decent team on that list you guys faced was Haywood and everybody knows 4a right now might be the worst division in Tssaa football too to bottom.

4 hours ago, EastNasty said:

The only decent team on that list you guys faced was Haywood and everybody knows 4a right now might be the worst division in Tssaa football too to bottom.

Covington has defeated two 5A teams, two 4A teams, Westview (who was the #6 team in 3A at the time), plus Bolivar. I'm pretty happy with those opponents, myself.

5 hours ago, EastNasty said:

Here is the problem with your logic. You say the only “decent” team on that list we faced was Haywood. The teams on that list have combined to play for state titles 13 times with only 4 of those coming from Haywood. I don’t necessarily think you a clown like the PC guys say but if you keep making statements like this I may have to reconsider that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Charger fan this is good stuff but I would just like to point out Milan is 5-1. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Charger fan this is good stuff but I would just like to point out Milan is 5-1. 

Boy, you are correct Milan is 5-1, not 4-1 and Covington is 6-0, not 5-0. Did I mess up, or what? After week 6, you think I would realize that teams should show 6 games, unless Covid interfered.

i stand corrected.

Edited by CHARGERFAN