Bledsoe @ Marion

scout6

26 minutes ago, Football54 said:

I remember you on the MC/SP thread saying MC was nastier up front but now their soft, so what happened between then and now for that to change?

Maybe I shouldn't have said soft..without clarifying Bledsoe's line is more physical imo. I don't think Jasper finishes blocks consistently and that will give them trouble in this game. I think SP will struggle against Meigs line. They are tough. I call it both ways. I have said repeatedly I think the best linemen for SP or Jasper is Stone. He is consistent and finishes his blocks. Problem is, both teams need a plethora of guys like him and I haven't seen it. We will see what happens this week and next.

2 minutes ago, powerp said:

Maybe I shouldn't have said soft..without clarifying Bledsoe's line is more physical imo. I don't think Jasper finishes blocks consistently and that will give them trouble in this game. I think SP will struggle against Meigs line. They are tough. I call it both ways. I have said repeatedly I think the best linemen for SP or Jasper is Stone. He is consistent and finishes his blocks. Problem is, both teams need a plethora of guys like him and I haven't seen it. We will see what happens this week and next.

But Marion got more skill players than Bledsoe 

13 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Heck, yall probably have more kids from elsewhere than mccallie does......lol

Contrary to popular belief. The majority of these seniors have been together since they were 5 years old. 

SP has NINE defensive starters that have played together since they were 5-6 years old. That leaves TWO defensive starters that haven’t been here the whole time. One is a DT and one is a LB.

Offensively SP also has NINE offensive starters that have played together since 5-6 years old.  Our QB came here in 7th grade after playing with this group in baseball as a kid. We also have ONE receiver which is also the LB referenced above. 

Good luck to the warriors Friday. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

Contrary to popular belief. The majority of these seniors have been together since they were 5 years old. 

SP has NINE defensive starters that have played together since they were 5-6 years old. That leaves TWO defensive starters that haven’t been here the whole time. One is a DT and one is a LB.

Offensively SP also has NINE offensive starters that have played together since 5-6 years old.  Our QB came here in 7th grade after playing with this group in baseball as a kid. We also have ONE receiver which is also the LB referenced above. 

Good luck to 

Jasper is irrelevant now. Wouldn't waste much time on them. Heard were done with them. The couple on here will be scurring back in their hole before long.

6 hours ago, powerp said:

Yea MCs line is young and have come a long ways since last year maybe they will improve more as the year goes on. 

I for one don't wanna see our rivalry with Jasper end.  And I don't think it will.  In my view, whoever doesn't sign the next 2 year contract will be just as much to blame as anyone.  As far as I'm concerned,  the scoreboard this year reads Pirates 1 Warriors 0.  And that's the way the TSSAA has scored it on their website as well.

https://tssaasports.com/sports/schedules/index.cfm?sport=football&schoolid=467&schoolYear=2020

On 9/28/2020 at 11:56 AM, Justmy2cents said:

So is SP gonna play Oakland or y'all gonna wait on another home school team from Atlanta?

TTP, why’s yous a hiding? You Jasper Jailhouse High fellers are comical as heck. Runs them yappers then high tails it and hides. Old Pirate says Bledsoe is very likely to give the warriors an education in Earholing.