Oakland @ Brentwood

PatriotNation

15 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Having a week to prepare for Oakland is tough enough, getting ready for them in 2 days is an impossible task

Have you noticed the old trend of teams that are successful, no matter the class, run the wing-t? When teams can run that offense to darn near perfection they are hard to stop. Moore County durring the late 90's is a good example along Oakland obviously.. Sure, its not the most flashy offense out there but it gets the job done when ran correctly. Don't even get me started on the Veer! Wayne County  at home on a rainy night, dark uni's and a wet football...you just had to tackle everbody because anyone in the backfield could have the ball lol.

3 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Have you noticed the old trend of teams that are successful, no matter the class, run the wing-t? When teams can run that offense to darn near perfection they are hard to stop. Moore County durring the late 90's is a good example along Oakland obviously.. Sure, its not the most flashy offense out there but it gets the job done when ran correctly. Don't even get me started on the Veer! Wayne County  at home on a rainy night, dark uni's and a wet football...you just had to tackle everbody because anyone in the backfield could have the ball lol.

Amazing thing about Oakland is they can run the wingT or they can run 5 wideouts. They are really diverse in their offense. They also have great players. 

19 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

If you have great players you can run any offense. There is no scheme that will win with less talented players.

Maybe not win, but at least level the playing field, which I think the Wing-T does a good job of doing. Not the biggest fan  of the Wing-T, but I do like the way Creasy uses as just one piece to a multiple formation offense

6 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

With alot of these teams though, it's their while offense. Oakland isn't really a wing-t offense, it's an offense that just happens to run the Wing-T as one of their formations. I honestly don't think you can win a title in 6A being exclusively Wing-T and Knox West is  the only school I can think of that has won in 5A using the Veer. 

I view the Wing-T alot like zone defense in basketball. If run well, it can cover up alot of decencies. Just a out every offense now has Wing-T/ Wishbone concepts

25 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

With alot of these teams though, it's their while offense. Oakland isn't really a wing-t offense, it's an offense that just happens to run the Wing-T as one of their formations. I honestly don't think you can win a title in 6A being exclusively Wing-T and Knox West is  the only school I can think of that has won in 5A using the Veer. 

I view the Wing-T alot like zone defense in basketball. If run well, it can cover up alot of decencies. Just a out every offense now has Wing-T/ Wishbone concepts

West’s RB is now with the Jacksonville Jaguars. That helps having a future NFL player on your roster.