9 Years Is Enough

mountaineer

On 10/11/2020 at 8:20 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I agree with a lot of what your saying regarding exposure and support. I've always bought those Murphy Fair High School Football Books every year and that lazy thing would never send in the teams info which is par for the course for him. I don't know why he acts like that, I know some people that like him and some that don't. He had a great situation at Maryville but moved onto bigger things that didn't work out for him. Looking back now I always felt he would of been one of those coaches that would have a great team like the 1998 team then rebuild from scratch again. He has done some very questionable things at Heritage like cancel the JV season after one game 2 years ago because he didn't have enough players or was it he was putting in to many hours. I really thought 2 years ago the way the kids were quitting he wouldn't have enough to play before the season ended. 

He had modest success at best in Georgia. He did lay the foundation for future success as hc at North Gwinnett. His best run was as dc for John Reid at East Paulding. He was a finalist for the hc job at Rome years ago, but they hired from within. He did a heck of a job as dc at Rhea Co. The late Bill Horton never won another playoff game after TH left. 

On 10/15/2020 at 8:38 PM, chs1984 said:

He had modest success at best in Georgia. He did lay the foundation for future success as hc at North Gwinnett. His best run was as dc for John Reid at East Paulding. He was a finalist for the hc job at Rome years ago, but they hired from within. He did a heck of a job as dc at Rhea Co. The late Bill Horton never won another playoff game after TH left. 

His defensive strategy didn’t work tonight. He gave up 40 points to a 1 win Karns team averaging 15 points a game. Losing 40-30. Twice this year he’s kicked deep in the final minute instead of the onside kick. The old man needs to go.

21 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

His defensive strategy didn’t work tonight. He gave up 40 points to a 1 win Karns team averaging 15 points a game. Losing 40-30. Twice this year he’s kicked deep in the final minute instead of the onside kick. The old man needs to go.

I doubt seriously that he has the caliber of players that he had at previous stops.

8 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I doubt seriously that he has the caliber of players that he had at previous stops.

To answer your question seriously a lot of kids that go to Heritage do live many miles away from school which most big consolidated schools share the same problem. Another problem and a big one is a lot of kids going to school that drive are working part time jobs to pay for that ride. I was at BoJangles last fall and a boy ask me if I knew what the score ended out on the Heritage game that night and proceed to tell me he played the year before and had to quit in order to pay for his pickup truck. That is the biggest reason you hear me on these threads mention there are certain circumstances some schools have and enrollment isn't the true divider among all schools. Until this is put into the equation putting these teams in rightful divisions we'll continue to have half the games or more on Friday Night end out in a lopsided slaughters.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, mountaineer said:

From what one of the kids that is on the team told me they called a misdirection onside kick that faked the refs out so bad that he blew the whistle and reset the play clock as the kicker was kicking and Heritage recovered that kick but it didn't count. So they called a different kick and the kicker screwed up and kicked it to hard. The thing that really beat Heritage had nothing to do with the kicking game but giving one man nearly 400 yards and 6 touchdowns. 

On 10/2/2020 at 10:03 PM, mountaineer said:
HERITAGE FOOTBALL under
Tim Hammontree
Year/Record
2012: 0-10
2013: 1-9
2014: 3-7
2015: 3-8
2016: 5-6
2017: 3-7
2018: 0-10
2019: 0-10
2020: 2-5

District: 9-44 (16% winning percentage) as of 10/2/20
Overall: 17-72 (19% winning percentage) as of 9/28/20
-No winning season in 9 years as Head Coach
-In the last decade Heritage football is ranked 333 out of 356 schools in the state of Tennessee in winning percentage.
How many other high schools in the state would let this circus go on for 9 years?

animated-gifs-circus-034.gif