9 Years Is Enough

mountaineer

On 10/4/2020 at 11:58 AM, MidTennFootball said:

But the chance at least exists for them to do so again, quality of football in RuCo is way down. Coaching at WB and Heritage will take years off your life. Only reason Shad is at WB is because no other options were available to him

Agree with all of that. But, Siegel is so far behind the other top 3 schools that it will be difficult to make up ground. I do like their coaching hire though. 

On 10/3/2020 at 9:21 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

No decent coach in his right mind would apply for either one of those two jobs unless they were just hanging out long enough to catch the right ride for a better situation like John Reid and Scott Meadows. Poor Ole Shad bless his heart went to WB and fell into their septic tank and may never get out of there.

61877644_728432494280611_880394551091527

And he didn't even get a gas credit card.  but they do let him build houses during the season.

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

And he didn't even get a gas credit card.  but they do let him build houses during the season.

Pretty sure Shad couldn't build a Birdhouse but I do believe he goes in with other investors and a real licensed builder. When the house sells Shad splits the profits using Toilet Paper Math with investors thus being the reason a few kids finished out at Kings Academy and Greenback over the past few years.

c319225abeafeba743b920bcc472425f_(1).jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

This post came off the rails. Let’s focus on the Dicktator on the East side of the county. Shad is a better coach than Hammontree.

Going to be totally honest with you about Hamontree and the situation their dealing with out there at Heritage. Ever since Eagleton Middle School dropped Middle School Football for a couple of years back in the late 80's which was their big supplier of good football players the initial impact was like the program got hit with a taser gun. When Eagleton resumed football again the long silence sent the good players that wanted to play to Alcoa Middle and pretty much has stayed that way since. I do know this for a fact that before Hamontree the program at Heritage was always a hornets nest with busy body parents which made coaching the kids a nightmare. Hammontree won't put up with that nonsense and don't want their friendship or their nose in his arse in anyway and most parents don't like that. A head coach isn't the most liked person on the team in most cases so not to let people run over him. I didn't like my head coaches in high school but after getting out I realized what they were doing and why and very greatful to each and everyone of them. I've watched a lot of coaches come and go out there and they all leave because the program is like trying to blow life into a cadaver. I thought of all the coaches former player Danny Wilson who tried his luck at it and threw in the towel and left would be the man to turn it around. He wouldn't have left if there wasn't serious problems out there. I've been told by someone I trust very well that coaches has told me actually Hamontree is the best Heritage could ever get and they would really be in a mess if he leaves. I know that sounds hard to believe with a 25 game losing streak that finally ended this year. Another sad note is if the Eagleton deal gets worked out for a new high school I hear  a of people say Heritage would go down to 4A which they think would help. Actually it wouldn't. Heritage is going to be where this new school gets most of their players from plus Heritage wouldn't even be competitive right now in 4A so think about losing all those players to the new school.

I don’t know the coach at hairtage or the coach in LA. I’ve heard plenty of rumors about both, but just rumors. I offer this: 

Both coaches have won before and I think both have won state titles years ago. So what could these two guys have in common NOW that prevents them from winning. Sometimes the obvious answer is overlooked.

1 hour ago, strongx said:

I don’t know the coach at hairtage or the coach in LA. I’ve heard plenty of rumors about both, but just rumors. I offer this: 

Both coaches have won before and I think both have won state titles years ago. So what could these two guys have in common NOW that prevents them from winning. Sometimes the obvious answer is overlooked.

Bingo!

I am VERY familiar with the situation. There is keeping parents in check then there’s alienating everyone to the point that there’s no communication or support. He’s an egotistical prick who is living off of a state championship before these kids were even born. It’s never the coaches fault but it’s always the kids fault.  The AD is afraid of him. He turns away positive exposure via newspaper, TV, radio, etc.  He does not promote players to the next level to play college ball. Plus, he changed the school colors because he didn’t like Columbia blue. He was on a 25 game losing streak and has won 2 games  against teams that are 1-14 this year(the one LC win was a COVID forfeit) They left 3 wins this season due to poor coaching and decision making. HE NEEDS TO GO! I’d rather go 0-10 with someone that’s positive for the program than the Dicktator that’s there now.

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

I am VERY familiar with the situation. There is keeping parents in check then there’s alienating everyone to the point that there’s no communication or support. He’s an egotistical prick who is living off of a state championship before these kids were even born. It’s never the coaches fault but it’s always the kids fault.  The AD is afraid of him. He turns away positive exposure via newspaper, TV, radio, etc.  He does not promote players to the next level to play college ball. Plus, he changed the school colors because he didn’t like Columbia blue. He was on a 25 game losing streak and has won 2 games  against teams that are 1-14 this year(the one LC win was a COVID forfeit) They left 3 wins this season due to poor coaching and decision making. HE NEEDS TO GO! I’d rather go 0-10 with someone that’s positive for the program than the Dicktator that’s there now.

I don't care for the dark grey for Heritage's primary home jerseys. It looks too much like Maryville which would tick me off if I was a Mountaineer. 

rawImage.jpg

5 hours ago, mountaineer said:

I agree with a lot of what your saying regarding exposure and support. I've always bought those Murphy Fair High School Football Books every year and that lazy thing would never send in the teams info which is par for the course for him. I don't know why he acts like that, I know some people that like him and some that don't. He had a great situation at Maryville but moved onto bigger things that didn't work out for him. Looking back now I always felt he would of been one of those coaches that would have a great team like the 1998 team then rebuild from scratch again. He has done some very questionable things at Heritage like cancel the JV season after one game 2 years ago because he didn't have enough players or was it he was putting in to many hours. I really thought 2 years ago the way the kids were quitting he wouldn't have enough to play before the season ended.