9 Years Is Enough

mountaineer

23 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Going to be totally honest with you about Hamontree and the situation their dealing with out there at Heritage. Ever since Eagleton Middle School dropped Middle School Football for a couple of years back in the late 80's which was their big supplier of good football players the initial impact was like the program got hit with a taser gun. When Eagleton resumed football again the long silence sent the good players that wanted to play to Alcoa Middle and pretty much has stayed that way since. I do know this for a fact that before Hamontree the program at Heritage was always a hornets nest with busy body parents which made coaching the kids a nightmare. Hammontree won't put up with that nonsense and don't want their friendship or their nose in his arse in anyway and most parents don't like that. A head coach isn't the most liked person on the team in most cases so not to let people run over him. I didn't like my head coaches in high school but after getting out I realized what they were doing and why and very greatful to each and everyone of them. I've watched a lot of coaches come and go out there and they all leave because the program is like trying to blow life into a cadaver. I thought of all the coaches former player Danny Wilson who tried his luck at it and threw in the towel and left would be the man to turn it around. He wouldn't have left if there wasn't serious problems out there. I've been told by someone I trust very well that coaches has told me actually Hamontree is the best Heritage could ever get and they would really be in a mess if he leaves. I know that sounds hard to believe with a 25 game losing streak that finally ended this year. Another sad note is if the Eagleton deal gets worked out for a new high school I hear  a of people say Heritage would go down to 4A which they think would help. Actually it wouldn't. Heritage is going to be where this new school gets most of their players from plus Heritage wouldn't even be competitive right now in 4A so think about losing all those players to the new school.

I disagree Barney. Heritage could compete in a smaller class. They did better in 5A a few years ago.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

43 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They couldn’t compete in 4A. Betsy just beat them like they stole something. 

Just remember 90% of them players are coming from Heritage and WB only weakening them to the same scale they are at now but in 4A. Best thing that could ever happen to Heritage and WB is to go into the City of Maryville because the county can't afford them. That's when you would see a dramatic change in both programs. The city has grown right up to the front door of WB and pretty much the same at Heritage.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They couldn’t compete in 4A. Betsy just beat them like they stole something. 

That is one team, and it is one of those few teams like Alcoa that could beat any team regardless of class. They are really, really good. Bad example. If we were talking about a middle of the road 4A team you might have a point.

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

That is one team, and it is one of those few teams like Alcoa that could beat any team regardless of class. They are really, really good. Bad example. If we were talking about a middle of the road 4A team you might have a point.

Went back 2 years to find the next 4A team you played outside of Elizabethton. It was Stone Memorial who I would consider very middle of the road. They usually don’t go past the first or second rd of the playoffs. You lost 27-0. Didn’t even score. I could keep going back but I would guess the results wouldn’t change much. Seriously I wish you nothing but the best but as a neutral observe looking from the outside in the program is in pretty bad shape. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Went back 2 years to find the next 4A team you played outside of Elizabethton. It was Stone Memorial who I would consider very middle of the road. They usually don’t go past the first or second rd of the playoffs. You lost 27-0. Didn’t even score. I could keep going back but I would guess the results wouldn’t change much. Seriously I wish you nothing but the best but as a neutral observe looking from the outside in the program is in pretty bad shape. 

Again,

that's one game. You can't judge a program off the result of one game. We poured 50 on Stone Memorial the year before that when they came to our place. We also beat a pretty good Dobyns Bennett team at their place in 2016 and we didn't win another game after that. How good was DB that year? Good enough to beat Smyrna in the playoffs. Also, you are moving the goalpost. We are talking about competing in a class, not winning every game.  We haven't been good, but it is hard to say our program is in bad shape. We are coming off the first season where we won more than three games in over a decade. We are on the upswing right now despite losing players. By the way, several good players left us for Greenback and look at the year they are having. What a waste. My guess is some kids and parents are kicking themselves for making that move now.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Again,

that's one game. You can't judge a program off the result of one game. We poured 50 on Stone Memorial the year before that when they came to our place. We also beat a pretty good Dobyns Bennett team at their place in 2016 and we didn't win another game after that. How good was DB that year? Good enough to beat Smyrna in the playoffs. Also, you are moving the goalpost. We are talking about competing in a class, not winning every game.  We haven't been good, but it is hard to say our program is in bad shape. We are coming off the first season where we won more than three games in over a decade. We are on the upswing right now despite losing players. By the way, several good players left us for Greenback and look at the year they are having. What a waste. My guess is some kids and parents are kicking themselves for making that move now.

You told me last time that Betsy was “just one game”. So I provided you with another and again you say “it’s just one game. That is two games. I could have mentioned the beat downs you suffered to Ooltewah who is a very mediocre 5A team that rarely gets past the first or second rd and was in 4A not that long ago. I also didn’t mention barely scraping by Lenoir City who is horrid and has suffered multiple loses over the last several years to 1A greenback. But you are definitely closer to the program than I am by far. If you say y’all are on an upswing I will definitely take your word for it. 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You told me last time that Betsy was “just one game”. So I provided you with another and again you say “it’s just one game. That is two games. I could have mentioned the beat downs you suffered to Ooltewah who is a very mediocre 5A team that rarely gets past the first or second rd and was in 4A not that long ago. I also didn’t mention barely scraping by Lenoir City who is horrid and has suffered multiple loses over the last several years to 1A greenback. But you are definitely closer to the program than I am by far. If you say y’all are on an upswing I will definitely take your word for it. 

#1- Ooltewah is a region opponent. They are 6A, and they are a pretty good team more often than not.

#2- We have bested Lenoir City two times in a row, and it looks like we are about to make it three wins in a row. Last year it wasn't even remotely close.  We lost to Lenoir City in 2017. That was a 1-9 year for us. 

#3-  Last year we snuck into the playoffs despite playing without at least half a dozen good players who chose to play at Maryville, Alcoa, and Greenback.