Copper Basin @ McMinn Central

TheCommander

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'll be completely honest, I believe Central has it in them to win it by 3-4 tds. When we played them they sometimes showed great ability, but we had better athletes overall and got with it the 2nd half of our game. They have a bruiser type back or fullback that can sometimes hit you for alot of yardage. If you have a really good run defense it will be a good game. But you will still need to pass.

Yeti, do you know if they still have #26?

He showed some potential in the 2OT game last year, and I thought he was younger, but I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Hopefully  them baby blues can do something maybe this stiff competition  they've faced all year will have them ready to compete against a tough 1a team 

I have a feeling the first half of the schedule is going to pay off for them. They're used to playing up, and have a little offensive confidence now.

24 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Yeti, do you know if they still have #26?

He showed some potential in the 2OT game last year, and I thought he was younger, but I could be wrong.

I didnt pay attention to their numbers, it was difficult since their seating is so low to the ground. But I looked at their roster and he seems to still be there.

There were times in our game against them where they looked like a well rounded team. If Central manages to put a 4 qtr game together they can be quite good. 

Screenshot_20201004-182821_Chrome.jpg

I think this one will be close for a good bit of the game but CB will pull away late. Central is not a bad football team from what I've seen on them. The only bad loss I see on their schedule is against Tellico. I saw them against Meigs and if that was the same team that played against Tellico I have no idea how they lost. Anyways, Central's power run game isn't bad at all. I can see it giving the cougars a little trouble early on. The Basin D will find a way to slow them down eventually though. Also, it might take the Basin offense a drive or two to get in sync with a new man under center, but I think after he gets a few snaps and some nerves worked out he can get the job done, I have no doubt. Plus, the little bowling ball at running back can take a good amount of the load for the offense. With that being said, I'm taking the cougars, 26-13 in this one. Go Cougars! Find a way and get to 7-0!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrogMountainRambler said:

I think this one will be close for a good bit of the game but CB will pull away late. Central is not a bad football team from what I've seen on them. The only bad loss I see on their schedule is against Tellico. I saw them against Meigs and if that was the same team that played against Tellico I have no idea how they lost. Anyways, Central's power run game isn't bad at all. I can see it giving the cougars a little trouble early on. The Basin D will find a way to slow them down eventually though. Also, it might take the Basin offense a drive or two to get in sync with a new man under center, but I think after he gets a few snaps and some nerves worked out he can get the job done, I have no doubt. Plus, the little bowling ball at running back can take a good amount of the load for the offense. With that being said, I'm taking the cougars, 26-13 in this one. Go Cougars! Find a way and get to 7-0!

Accurate statement. Central when they are firing on all cylinders can be a well rounded successful team. The Central team that we played would have beaten Tellico by 5 Tds I'd about bet on it. Central suffers through a brutal schedule.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FrogMountainRambler said:

So Basin starting QB is out this week? Tough blow for Basin. How long is he sideling for? Can't afford to lose him for an extended period of time with South Pitt and the playoffs coming up

1 hour ago, Blaster7 said:

So Basin starting QB is out this week? Tough blow for Basin. How long is he sideling for? Can't afford to lose him for an extended period of time with South Pitt and the playoffs coming up

I'm not positive but I am hearing he hyperextended his knee and its going to be 1-2 weeks. Should be back for Fannin County and definitely for S Pitt if that's the case.

54 minutes ago, FrogMountainRambler said:

I'm not positive but I am hearing he hyperextended his knee and its going to be 1-2 weeks. Should be back for Fannin County and definitely for S Pitt if that's the case.

Ah I've had that happen before takes a little bit to heal up for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrogMountainRambler said:

Wow,1 to 2 weeks??Usually a hyperextended knee takes about 4 weeks.For a QB you will be lucky to have him back in 4.Thats what happened to our center.Went out against Oneida said he may be able to be back this week if he can tolerate the pain and has to wear a special brace.

Edited by orngnblk

10 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Wow,1 to 2 weeks??Usually a hyperextended knee takes about 4 weeks.For a QB you will be lucky to have him back in 4.Thats what happened to our center.Went out against Oneida said he may be able to be back this week if he can tolerate the pain and has to wear a special brace.

The pain is horrible and when it happen to me years ago i had that mental aspect to overcome to trust it. 

Edited by Blaster7