Way too early region 3 aaa predictions

9 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Wont go undefeated,  now but mightve beat a great upperman team had sloan carpenter played. Bradley wont lose another game the rest of this season. At least not a district or region game. They learned what a difference missing your best player is. Shes only a sophomore too

Sloan Carpenter played and was held scoreless.

Sloan was there.  McKenna Miles was gone for Thanksgiving break on a trip that was approved prior to the Upperman game add in.  She played hard and was impressive last night against Meigs.  

We can woulda shoulda coulda all we want but the bottom line is we got out hustled and out executed which led to the loss.  Good teams learn from that and get better.  Meigs was scrappy last night and we overcame their pressure.  Still room for improvement but played better than Friday night.  Learn now and benefit in February and March.   

• Like 1

Did anybody go to the stewarts creek bradley game? Looks like it was a barn burner. Those region 7 teams are pretty good but bearettes are 2-0 against them. So what happened with riverdaIe,  they arent the elite in 7aaa anymore it seems. Had injuries last year and never recovered. How is Stone memorial looking  this year??

6 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Did anybody go to the stewarts creek bradley game? Looks like it was a barn burner. Those region 7 teams are pretty good but bearettes are 2-0 against them. So what happened with riverdaIe,  they arent the elite in 7aaa anymore it seems. Had injuries last year and never recovered. How is Stone memorial looking  this year??

I did see were Cookeville beat Stewards creek by 20, and after seeing Bradley play, It could be a tough year compared to what there used to having.

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I did see were Cookeville beat Stewards creek by 20, and after seeing Bradley play, It could be a tough year compared to what there used to having.

Stewart’s Creek would probably say they had a bad game against us.  Truth is if we shoot good we can score a lot of points.  Their pressure bothered us  early and we struggled in the first quarter.    We made some adjustments and blew them out.  We made a lot of shots and we defended very well.  If a girl didn’t come off the bench for SC and make 5 or 6 threes in second half then we would have beat them by 40.

Right now we are up and down.  Which team is showing up tonight?  That’s the difference with BC.  They are solid every night.  But 6AAA has  definitely closed the gap this year.  We played BC very tough last year in region tourney.  I expect us to compete for Region this year.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 8:58 AM, Bearettesalltheway said:

Since this will be the last time there will be 3 classes in the state i wonder how many schools will be AAAA and AAA and how many would qualify for region tournaments ??? That being said here is my early outlook for both district 5 region 3 AAA for the 2020-2021 season.

Number 1 in district is obvious so ill skip them but with Muhonen, Williams, Carman, crittenden, and sloan carpenter returning should be as balanced as last year for bradley. 2nd could be a battle between walker valley and cleveland. Jamarian blair will boost clevelands playing level up a bit and could make it harder for the other teams this year. Walker valley with drew lyness as coach now has allot of talent on that team and should be able to contend with cleveland for 2nd. 4-7 could be anybody but i think based off of experience east ham gets 4th even without the hayes sisters only because the competition below them isnt that great. 5th will probably go to mcminn for same reason stated above. Mcminn and east ham aee pretty much level as far as skills are concerned. Same with soddy and ooltewah. Fortunately for them after this season they will likely stay in AAA and will be able to actually compete for district title with east ham. when bradley cleveland wv and mcminn move to AAAA. As far as region 3 goes allot more competition for 2nd place between stone, rhea, cookeville cleveland and walker valley. Stone had a great chance to win state last year with one of the best players in the state with emma capps now that shes gone, they have to rebuild. All that being said heres my final records for each team... District record in parenthesis..

1. Bradley 25-2 (12-0) 

2. Walker valley 18-9 (9-3)

3. Cleveland 17-10 (9-3)

4. East hamilton 14-13 (5-7)

5. McMinn 12-15 (5-7)

6. Ooltewah 8-19 (1-11)

7. Soddy Daisy 6-21 (1-11)

Playoffs: district 5

Bradley over w.v in  finals and cleveland over east ham. for 3rd.

District 6 

Stone over white county in finals

Rhea over cookeville for 3rd

Region playoffs. 

1) bradley over 4) cookeville

2) white county over 3) cleveland

1) Stone over 4) east ham

3) rhea county over 2) w.v

Semis:

1) bradley over 2) white county

3) rhea over 1) stone

Finals: 1) bradley over 3) Rhea

Sectionals:

Blackman over rhea

Bradley over riverdale or oakland

1  Bradley 2 Cleveland the rest of the district is way down this year.

1 Stone 2 WC 3 Cookeville. 

Rhea lost almost everything.

Stone and White Co in the region championship.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

1  Bradley 2 Cleveland the rest of the district is way down this year.

1 Stone 2 WC 3 Cookeville. 

Rhea lost almost everything.

Stone and White Co in the region championship.

Not bad....not right.....but not bad.  Lol.  :grin:  Just kidding.  That could easily happen.  Hopefully we get a season in to find out.  I expect Bradley to be better by year end but for sure 6AAA is looking strong.  Cookeville has some things to fix but they could very easily be in region final.    

On 12/1/2020 at 10:15 AM, repoman said:

According to the above article, there could be a fill -in game rematch this year at Bradley with Upperman. Sayin Bradley will not lose another game is a monstrous statement. Going undefeated for the year in basketball is really tough ,done only by very few in recent yrs.

Any girls teams had undefeated regular seasons in the last 4 or 5 years? That's impressive 

42 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Any girls teams had undefeated regular seasons in the last 4 or 5 years? That's impressive 

2017 Riverdale ( 2 sec players and 2 conf -usa players as starters).

2018 Upperman ( 1 sec player and 1 ovc player as starters).

2009 Clarkrange

2015 Blackman lost 1 game out of the state, they were loaded!! All 5 starters d1.

Edited by repoman
T