Class 4A home stretch

BigDaddyDave

So, is Betsy better than we thought or WB worse than we thought? Is Tullahoma for real? Can Betsy prove they belong by taking the Region 1 Crown and eventually earn a trip to AC, a place they’ve never won at before, and exorcise that demon?  Will AC finally break through? Will Region 3 & 4 have real contenders? How about the West? Are there any West bracket teams capable of wrangling the title back from the East? 

stay tuned.......

58 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

So, is Betsy better than we thought or WB worse than we thought? Is Tullahoma for real? Can Betsy prove they belong by taking the Region 1 Crown and eventually earn a trip to AC, a place they’ve never won at before, and exorcise that demon?  Will AC finally break through? Will Region 3 & 4 have real contenders? How about the West? Are there any West bracket teams capable of wrangling the title back from the East? 

stay tuned.......

Big Dave I think Betsy is for real but there is a lot of good teams in 4A and don’t sleep on the Devils because you will get burned.I think AC has a good team as well and I have watched several team’s in the West that are good so it’s going to be fun the rest of the way if and I say if we can keep Covid at bay.Did I say  Covid...wash my mouth with soap...lol

7 hours ago, lawnman said:

Big Dave I think Betsy is for real but there is a lot of good teams in 4A and don’t sleep on the Devils because you will get burned.I think AC has a good team as well and I have watched several team’s in the West that are good so it’s going to be fun the rest of the way if and I say if we can keep Covid at bay.Did I say  Covid...wash my mouth with soap...lol

You know I’m a Betsy Homer...right? I’m just trying to get people talking. Although this Tim fellow will probably not have much to say unless we loose a game. It’s just so difficult to gage how good the other teams out there are. Thank goodness, in the end, all we can control is....us! Play the teams in front of us, one at a time, and take care of our business. The rest will settle itself out, as brackets tend to do. Now, homecoming, game? Or no game? I’m leaning towards no game. Any thoughts?

6 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

You know I’m a Betsy Homer...right? I’m just trying to get people talking. Although this Tim fellow will probably not have much to say unless we loose a game. It’s just so difficult to gage how good the other teams out there are. Thank goodness, in the end, all we can control is....us! Play the teams in front of us, one at a time, and take care of our business. The rest will settle itself out, as brackets tend to do. Now, homecoming, game? Or no game? I’m leaning towards no game. Any thoughts?

I am thinking no homecoming game but you never know.

14 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I’m hearing Crockett is available. Would be interesting. I’ve heard Alcoa is also available? I may be mistaken. But I can’t see us risking it with Greeneville AND South back to back coming up. As neat as either would be, and they would be very intriguing games, we need to stay focused on the goal. 

Alcoa already has a 10 game schedule.

I believe DC is starting to get hot. They Destroyed LA last week and there offense is legit HOT right now. I can promise you there not scared of the other sides top 2 teams its looking like Tullahoma and Marshall will finish 1 and 2. DC beat them both last yr and DC is much deeper now. Yes 4A is got alot of really good teams but I'm telling you none of them having a recieving crew like DC.  You'll see what I'm talking about in the Playoffs as Tullahoma found out last yr. Knowles, Nokes,Alexander with 6"6 TE Jones are just to much right now.  Believe Nokes had 4 tds on them last yr in round 1.  I'm not saying they will win I'm saying dont sleep on them. They have an even better team this season than last year and went to the 3rd round.  

I can't speak for West and East TN. Region 3 and Region 4 in the middle will have 2 teams a piece, maybe 3 from Region 4, competing to play the beast of the east. In Region 3, LA is sitting at 5-2 with an opponent overall record of 19-28. They have beaten one team with a winning record in 3A Upperman. Dekalb County is sitting at 4-3 with an opponent overall record of 26-23. They have beaten one team with a winning record and that was LA. In Region 4, Marshall County is sitting at 6-1 with an opponent overall record of 26-15. Their only loss was to Tullahoma. MC beat Springfield out of the West handedly. Tullahoma is sitting at 7-0 with an opponent overall record of 24-16. Tullahoma beat 4th ranked MC earlier in the year convincingly. All of these teams will continue to improve, but I see a rematch of Tullahoma and MC in the quarters to see who plays whoever comes out of the East. The East has to travel this year, so it could be an interesting playoffs. Right know it is Elizabethton until someone proves them wrong.

Last year is last year, but I know for a fact Tullahoma overlooked Dekalb County and they were without their starting WR/DB and Dekalb picked on the new starter the whole game. Hence the 4 TD's for Nokes. This is not the same Tullahoma team from last year. Tullahoma returned everyone that contributed last year, except the QB. The QB this year is more mobile which gives another dimension. MC toward the end of last year was not the same team during the middle of the season for some reason. 

There is no comparison between this years Tullahoma team and last years, new quarterback, 2 additional running backs, and averaging 43 points per game.  Plus last years offensive and defensive line were sophomore/juniors and now they are juniors/seniors.  The O line may be one of the most physical in all of 4A. Then there’s the defense, that is allowing only 10 points a game.  Many games the starters are not playing the entire game. Finally, last yearTullahoma team finished 3rd and had to travel to Dekalb County....I expect Tullahoma to finish first and Dekalb will travel.    But the deal is, both teams have to keep taking care of business and they shall meet again!

20 minutes ago, TTownFan50 said:

There is no comparison between this years Tullahoma team and last years, new quarterback, 2 additional running backs, and averaging 43 points per game.  Plus last years offensive and defensive line were sophomore/juniors and now they are juniors/seniors.  The O line may be one of the most physical in all of 4A. Then there’s the defense, that is allowing only 10 points a game.  Many games the starters are not playing the entire game. Finally, last yearTullahoma team finished 3rd and had to travel to Dekalb County....I expect Tullahoma to finish first and Dekalb will travel.    But the deal is, both teams have to keep taking care of business and they shall meet again!

I forgot about the 6ft 225lb junior running back transfer from Oklahoma and the sophomore running back that gets lost behind the offensive lineman. Thank you.