POWELL @ WEST IS FINALLY HERE! RIVALRY THURSDAY GAME!

keepitmoving

1 minute ago, keepitmoving said:

Then Powell 3-4 defense certainly didn't help.  Powell now plays a 4-3 and you have to cover the whole field now, vs just the deep ball every time. 

I'm not sure we've been watching the same game film. The last couple of games, Powell has been using 3-down linemen almost exclusively.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Not dogging West at all.  They are a very good team.  It is going to be a tough game for sure.  As far as last year Powell team, it was very easy to stop Powell offense.  Guard against the deep pass and a running QB.  Then Powell 3-4 defense certainly didn't help.  Powell now plays a 4-3 and you have to cover the whole field now, vs just the deep ball every time.  This is going to be a great game either way, but Powell is much improved in a lot of areas vs week 1 and 2

What if they haven't improved and they've just played weaker opponents?  Start with Beech and AC end with Campbell County.  Clear improvement.  Of course, they scored 13 on you.  

1 minute ago, guthook said:

What if they haven't improved and they've just played weaker opponents?  Start with Beech and AC end with Campbell County.  Clear improvement.  Of course, they scored 13 on you.  

Powell is never going to shut anybody out.  lol  wins, are wins.  My point is West has not had any real adversity all season.  So it will be interesting to see how they handle it.  Teams react different, and act different when the pressure is on.  West has not been under any pressure this year.  Like I said it will be a great game, and I believe West or Powell will be in Cookeville this year.  JMO

Gotta like West here. I think they’re the best all around team. I don’t think they’ll have any issues getting pressure on Potts, which should slow Powell down tremendously. They’ve struggled in the passing game any time the opposing team has been able to get pressure. Not to mention the West run game should keep the Powell O of the field for the most part. 

8 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell is never going to shut anybody out.  lol  wins, are wins.  My point is West has not had any real adversity all season.  So it will be interesting to see how they handle it.  Teams react different, and act different when the pressure is on.  West has not been under any pressure this year.  Like I said it will be a great game, and I believe West or Powell will be in Cookeville this year.  JMO

I agree West has not been tested. 28-24 at worst or 33-20 at best. Powell is stuck in low 30s but defence will hold up in the end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I think West will be just fine, so I wouldn't dog them too much. I'd say Powell has more to prove simply because of what happened last November. Hopefully we don't end up with a repeat of that. It was a lot more fun when West did the pregame jawing (2011 and 2012), and on both occasions, Powell got their revenge.

I was on that 2011 west team.. good times lol 

4 hours ago, AllVol2012 said:

I was on that 2011 west team.. good times lol 

I was doing stats for WRJZ that season. I remember all game week the sentiment was that West would bully the heck out of Powell with their great defense. And you guys did have an incredible defense. Turned out that Powell had a pretty good one too. And Dy'shawn Mobley.