Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

22 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Some schools chose to move up voluntarily, so to say you're about taking on all comers isn't factual. What ever HC decides to do, I don't believe there are many teams afraid to play HC. If I'm being honest, HC would be the 3rd or 4th best 5A team in the Knoxville region.

We’re not doing anything but playing in the classification we’re put in, and scheduling tough out of region games to help prepare us for the playoffs. Choosing to play up is a whole different conversation. We’re not in the same kind of recruiting landscape that is the Knoxville area. Never said anyone was scared to play us, but there will be teams that wished they hadn’t over the next two years. Your last sentence is an asinine statement that I won’t even expound on. We may not play in the toughest region, but that’s out of our control. Hopefully we can see how we match up in Cookeville soon.

1 minute ago, mmb said:

We’re not doing anything but playing in the classification we’re put in, and scheduling tough out of region games to help prepare us for the playoffs. Choosing to play up is a whole different conversation. We’re not in the same kind of recruiting landscape that is the Knoxville area. Never said anyone was scared to play us, but there will be teams that wished they hadn’t over the next two years. Your last sentence is an asinine statement that I won’t even expound on. We may not play in the toughest region, but that’s out of our control. Hopefully we can see how we match up in Cookeville soon.

How is it asinine? West, Powell, and Knox Central would all come away with a W against HC so 4th is about where they'd be.

13 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

How is it asinine? West, Powell, and Knox Central would all come away with a W against HC so 4th is about where they'd be.

You have no way of knowing that. None. We’ve held our own and beaten those teams in the past. And you obviously know nothing about our team and roster. Hey, I’m biased and so are you. And your Blount Co teams are great, but that’s still the same deal as the Knoxville teams.. not all of those kids are from Alcoa and Maryville. The metropolis of Paris doesn’t exactly have the same demographic as where you are, but we’ve still won as many games over the last decade as anyone in 5A

24 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

We have beaten West, we have beaten Powell, held our own and lost by 5 to Central in the past. We dont play yall unless it's in Cookeville, but a 2-1 record in the biggest game of the season isnt too awful bad is it? 

Edited by PatriotsNation

8 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

We have beaten West, we have beaten Powell, held our own and lost by 5 to Central in the past. We dont play yall unless it's in Cookeville, but a 2-1 record in the biggest game of the season isnt too awful bad is it? 

15 minutes ago, mmb said:

You have no way of knowing that. None. We’ve held our own and beaten those teams in the past. And you obviously know nothing about our team and roster. Hey, I’m biased and so are you. And your Blount Co teams are great, but that’s still the same deal as the Knoxville teams.. not all of those kids are from Alcoa and Maryville. The metropolis of Paris doesn’t exactly have the same demographic as where you are, but we’ve still won as many games over the last decade as anyone in 5A

99.9 % of both teams (Maryville & Alcoa) grew up, went to school, and played for their respective teams since youth league football.

Just now, JSamson7 said:

I'm a Maryville guy, why hate on a school that poses no threat to us whatsoever. I'm just stating facts...

You act like we can never beat those 3 Knoxville schools though! I'm just stating facts too, we are 2-1 against those same teams you are talking about. In 2011 remember Dy'Shawn Mobley had 3068 yards on the season and 46 TDs on the season. Yeah we held that team to 14 points and beat them for a state championship. Same kinda thing in 2013 when Knox West had Nathan Cottrell and those boys. Dont sit there and act like we never can hang with those teams. We have in the past and that's all facts. Central beat us by 5 in a close defensive battle in 2018. Facts Only!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

You act like we can never beat those 3 Knoxville schools though! I'm just stating facts too, we are 2-1 against those same teams you are talking about. In 2011 remember Dy'Shawn Mobley had 3068 yards on the season and 46 TDs on the season. Yeah we held that team to 14 points and beat them for a state championship. Same kinda thing in 2013 when Knox West had Nathan Cottrell and those boys. Dont sit there and act like we never can hang with those teams. We have in the past and that's all facts. Central beat us by 5 in a close defensive battle in 2018. Facts Only!

I'm not saying "never", but this year it ain't happening. I will say this though, just be happy we decided to play up a class because HC wouldn't have sniffed a 5A title otherwise. 

35 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I'm not saying "never", but this year it ain't happening. I will say this though, just be happy we decided to play up a class because HC wouldn't have sniffed a 5A title otherwise. 

I will say this though, we did, and I ain't about that "what if" game some people like to play. For a little ole school team in West Tennessee that isnt supposed to win it all, we have and we will again. 

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Like 1