• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/12/2020 at 4:53 PM, Sandman63 said:

Knox Grace and Sevier county are open

wonder why rusty left

Rusty didn’t “leave”. Here’s his quote to 5Star Preps “I go in the meeting and they tell me they’re terminating my contract, effective immediately.” 

Grace is conducting a search for a new Head Coach. 

9 hours ago, gcapride said:

Rusty didn’t “leave”. Here’s his quote to 5Star Preps “I go in the meeting and they tell me they’re terminating my contract, effective immediately.” 

Grace is conducting a search for a new Head Coach. 

I saw this group of players when they were in Middle School come over and play Maryville Middle and I thought back then whoever ends up with this bunch has their work cut out for them. Granted GCA picks up a few transfers along the way but Rusty in my opinion sure did a great job with what I seen a few years ago. Looks like one of those deals where there's to many cooks in the kitchen.

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I saw this group of players when they were in Middle School come over and play Maryville Middle and I thought back then whoever ends up with this bunch has their work cut out for them. Granted GCA picks up a few transfers along the way but Rusty in my opinion sure did a great job with what I seen a few years ago. Looks like one of those deals where there's to many cooks in the kitchen.

You would be completely wrong about this group and your assessment of too many cooks in the kitchen. 

1. Rusty said this was his best team at GCA. 

2. Rusty doesn’t allow anyone, Coaches or otherwise, to offer ANY input or advice on or off the field. It’s him and his Dad. All the other “coaches” are just there to look like he has a staff. 

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

You would be completely wrong about this group and your assessment of too many cooks in the kitchen. 

1. Rusty said this was his best team at GCA. 

2. Rusty doesn’t allow anyone, Coaches or otherwise, to offer ANY input or advice on or off the field. It’s him and his Dad. All the other “coaches” are just there to look like he has a staff. 

Cooks refer to the people who run GCA not the coaches as your taking it. I know exactly how Rusty runs his program, that's why I was pulling for him to get the job back when he did. Rusty did a great job this year and I'm bitterly disappointed in GCA. Maybe I don't know everything that went into this decision but I sure haven't heard anything positive.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Cooks refer to the people who run GCA not the coaches as your taking it. I know exactly how Rusty runs his program, that's why I was pulling for him to get the job back when he did. Rusty did a great job this year and I'm bitterly disappointed in GCA. Maybe I don't know everything that went into this decision but I sure haven't heard anything positive.

You think you know more than you actually do. You haven’t been around under Rusty’s time here. You know that I know what I’m talking about and you should take my words as fact. I’ll leave you with a question. Why would a school fire a coach that went 17-6 over the past two seasons unless there was ample reason to do so behind the scenes? I’ll hang up and listen...

9 hours ago, gcapride said:

You think you know more than you actually do. You haven’t been around under Rusty’s time here. You know that I know what I’m talking about and you should take my words as fact. I’ll leave you with a question. Why would a school fire a coach that went 17-6 over the past two seasons unless there was ample reason to do so behind the scenes? I’ll hang up and listen...

Got-cha. That's the part I don't know and if your telling me that then it's enough for me. Just hasn't made its way through the grapevine yet which it will. Most of my Knoxville connections don't mention GCA that much since everything regarding private schools went their way.