York Christmas Tournament (2020 Hall's Sgt York Southeastern Christmas Invitational)

7ABasketball

Dates: Dec 28-30

All games played at York Institute in Jamestown, TN

$0 entry fee. Bracket style tournament. Three game guarantee. 

Teams Participating-

Girls: York, Clay Co, Chatt Brainerd, Perry Co., Clarksville Academy, Kings Academy, Sale Creek

Boys: York, Clay Co, Chatt Brainerd, Perry Co, Clarkrange, Soddy Daisy, Johnson Co.

My name is Philip Hall. We run this tournament as a ministry of our company. It's not a fundraiser tournament. All the funds go back into the schools that participate. This tournament is all about the kids.

We pull in college coaches with the hope to get some kids some opportunities if they want to play at the next level. We give away 4 scholarships to 4 student athletes during the event (two to each tournament MVP and two academic/sportsmanship scholarships that come from nominations from school guidance counselors and coaches). We also conduct a variety of contests during intermissions, etc that help build team chemistry but also have some really nice prizes like ipads. These awards are issued to the coach to distribute to his/her players at their discretion as to follow TSSAA rules and guidelines.  We also provide daily reports to the media outlets of your choice and we have a professional photographer in attendance to permit free downloads to those outlets and the parents/players themselves.

Covid protocols will be in place this year, including spacing within the gym, use of mask, temperature checks, and professional spraying of facilities (including locker rooms and benches following each game by a company with a certification for bio-control disinfection).

We give each student, coach, and school administrator a tournament t-shirt. We pay travel stipends to teams as a way to assist with expenses. We also pay a coaches stipend to each head coach to permit the coach to do something special for their team during or after the event (a meal, equipment, etc - just whatever they see fit). We are also working to increase these stipends to our current entries (beyond what we have already pledged via their contract because we know that revenue for each school will be down this year and we want to help with the trials and obstacles our teams will be facing during the entire 2020-21 season).

I never have problems filling my brackets, but I had a boys and girls team from Kentucky "abruptly" drop out last week due to a ruling from their local school board prohibiting travel for out of state tournaments this year. It appears that this will be the first year we will have all "in-state" teams.

I am in a TOUGH spot to fill these two spots in a short amount of time. We are offering a $1000 coaches stipend and a $1750 team travel stipend to a boys and girls team willing to help us complete our brackets. The increases are because we realize the work this will take in possibly shuffling a schedule and for spacing out kids regarding lodging. Most of our out of town teams stay in Crossville or Cookeville. This would be an amazing opportunity for a team that could commute because the financial offer would stand.

Contact me if you have questions. Philip Hall (931)319-4179. I hope this reaches someone and would be a blessing to a team. 

***Also, if you have been a former participant from a perspective of a coach, player, or parent and can give us and endorsement in the comments below, I would be grateful.