Class A reclassification

ReitzFan

Sure looks like Davidson Academy will be playing AA Ball starting at next year. It also appears that FACS and Harding Academy will be dropping down. I believe Lakeway Christian comes online as well. Will the TSSAA do the right thing and go to three regions or will they continue to drive up member schools travel costs and stay with two regions?

West: FACS, Harding Academy, Tipton Rosemark, Fayette Academy, Jackson Christian, USJ, TCA

East: Lakeway Christian, The Kings Academy, Grace Baptist Academy, Webb Bell Buckle, Middle Tennessee Christian School, Friendship Christian School

Middle: Clarksville Academy, Columbia Academy, NCS, DCA, Mt Juliet Christian, GCA-Franklin

This would be how I would align new Class A regions. Jmo

43 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Sure looks like Davidson Academy will be playing AA Ball starting at next year. It also appears that FACS and Harding Academy will be dropping down. I believe Lakeway Christian comes online as well. Will the TSSAA do the right thing and go to three regions or will they continue to drive up member schools travel costs and stay with two regions?

It is a TSSAA conspiracy!  I say the same thing for AAA ball.  Your second post makes a lot of sense geographically; which is why it probably won't happen!:roflolk::roflol:

57 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I would like to see MTCS in Middle - swapping out Mt. J or DCA (both are technically further east), but would be fine with this. As PP said, it makes too much sense.

I made my selections based strictly on the map to that I looked at and the schools that popped up when I tapped the icons. Y'all got schools sitting on top of each other over there like we've got three sitting on top of each other here in Jackson.

But y'all are correct. The way I drew it up makes too much sense for the TSSAA to use it. It also reduces in region travel costs to the lowest point that they can be.

What say you Mr Childress?

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I would like to see MTCS in Middle - swapping out Mt. J or DCA (both are technically further east), but would be fine with this. As PP said, it makes too much sense.

Neither of those is east of MTCS, but they're faster drives east due to proximity to 40. You could make an argument to send them east instead of MTCS and Bell Buckle, which has the strongest case not to have to make that drive. 

Really, there just aren't enough schools to make 3 private classes efficiently. It's also kind of silly to have "state championships" coming from classes consisting of 2 regions. There'd be a strong argument to go back to 2 classes with 16-20 teams in the upper group.

I'm not sure the TSSAA would give up the extra playoff revenue, though, just like they show no signs of being willing to end the nonsense of giving playoff births to four teams from Division I regions of 5-6 teams.

Moving MTCS and Webb to the middle would really be punishing Grace Baptist, which, although in the eastern grand division, is closer to those than to the greater-Knoxville schools. I might just take those three plus Columbia Academy and GCA(F) to make an East/Middle South region and the rest an E/M North region.

13 hours ago, silverpie said:

Moving MTCS and Webb to the middle would really be punishing Grace Baptist, which, although in the eastern grand division, is closer to those than to the greater-Knoxville schools. I might just take those three plus Columbia Academy and GCA(F) to make an East/Middle South region and the rest an E/M North region.

This is the problem with having such small classes. You end up with regions that make no sense, schools with crazy travel because they are isolated from any geographic rivals, and playoff teams that have horrible records and don't belong in the postseason. Three classes in D2 makes no sense other than watering down competition for the smaller classes and making more playoff money for the TSSAA.