Bradley @ William Blount

TnBear

1 minute ago, DaBears1976 said:

You normally get a lot of penalties in that area. It's right up there with Mcminn and rhea. Floyd has actually done a tremendous job on the discipline part this year. Very few flags up until tonight. Home or away. 

Bradley made it easy to throw flags.  On the interception one of your big linemen came flying in late out of bounds and dove on our receiver and got flagged. I heard the Bradley fans crying about that, but any official is going to throw a flag on that; at least they should. Both teams made mistakes. We gave away two fumbles and failed to execute on the  onside kicks. If we had recovered the last one we would have probably won the game. And we had a really good opportunity to recover it too.

Just now, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Bradley made it easy to throw flags.  On the interception one of your big linemen came flying in late out of bounds and dove on our receiver and got flagged. I heard the Bradley fans crying about that, but any official is going to throw a flag on that; at least they should. Both teams made mistakes. We gave away two fumbles and failed to execute on the  onside kicks. If we had recovered the last one we would have probably won the game. And we had a really good opportunity to recover it too.

I could see the last onside kick for y'all, but the others should have never happened. Don't give a team that can't be stopped easy field position. Man those onside kicks brought back bad memories on the Maryville game. 

11 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Really proud of the Govs' effort tonight. Nobody thought this would be close and we were within three points late. If a ball or two had bounced our way we could have picked up another region win. Go Govs!

Good to see that Boone fans are not the only ones into moral victories

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Good to see that Boone fans are not the only ones into moral victories

No sir, we just haven't been remotely competitive with Bradley since we started playing them again five years ago and we had a chance to win the game last night. That is progress.  And we have a young team too. Believe me, our guys were upset to lose last night. I was too, but as a guy who has been watching WB for well over a decade I have more perspective. We are making progress as a program.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

No sir, we just haven't been remotely competitive with Bradley since we started playing them again five years ago and we had a chance to win the game last night. That is progress.  And we have a young team too. Believe me, our guys were upset to lose last night. I was too, but as a guy who has been watching WB for well over a decade I have more perspective. We are making progress as a program.

The Bears will probably hate practice Monday. Bradley should have most likely rolled away with it last night. 10 point win didn't serve any justice. I do give WB tons of credit tho. They held in and fought, never gave up to keep it close after  Bradley's mistakes, turnovers and everything else.  That game was just ugly.