California Coach possibly moving to TN.

CaliCoach

9 hours ago, wrestler04 said:

I love the idea of Lincoln Memorial, but there is NOTHING up there but trees and wild animals...and meth.  If you want to get as far away from civilization as possible and still have a job, LMU is an option for you.

Meth?  In Harrogate?  Really?  It seems like such a quiet peaceful little place though.  Now on the other end of the tunnel in Middlesboro, yeah, I could see that place being a meth hole.

19 hours ago, wrestler04 said:

I'll get some haters for this but stay away from Chattanooga.  They have four major teams.  Two public and two private.  Any other team in the area has to compete with them for athletes and resources and those four programs already vacuum everything up.  This is assuming you want to end up being a head coach.  As someone pointed out, Soddy Daisy used to have an excellent team but even so, only two teams from each region end up going to state.  

If you are from Bakersfield, you (and your wife if you are married) will enjoy the Nashville area much better.  There are frequent opportunities in middle Tennessee for head wrestling coaches.

I love the idea of Lincoln Memorial, but there is NOTHING up there but trees and wild animals...and meth.  If you want to get as far away from civilization as possible and still have a job, LMU is an option for you.

It's the same way in every sport. You have a couple team's that vacuum up the talent and have success. If every school had to compete with kids that were truly assure to that school district the state champions in football would look very different at all levels. 

Harrogate is a beautiful area with loads of outdoors activities to do. Antiquing, hiking, state parks, camping, swimming, fishing, hunting, low cost of living and population density. 

Nashville has a lot to offer being the big city but that has drawbacks too. Traffic in Nashville is Atlanta level bad. Be prepared to spend a large portion of your days stuck in traffic. Infrastructure has not kept pace with growth, the politics are a mess and to be honest that city has lost it's charm. Used to be a fun place to visit but I dread going there for work. 

It comes down to what you want. 

12 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Meth?  In Harrogate?  Really?  It seems like such a quiet peaceful little place though.  Now on the other end of the tunnel in Middlesboro, yeah, I could see that place being a meth hole.

All areas have some types of issues. It’s a beautiful area with some amazing people. LMU was named one of the safest schools in the country. I believe they are also trying to start a high school wrestling team again at one of the high schools. 

• 2 weeks later...

Flights are booked, I'll be visiting Tennessee Nov. 19-23 to look at some areas. Looking forward to seeing more of Tennessee. Thanks again for all the positive feedback from everyone who responded. If by chance there is a CTE teacher in Tennessee that is a member of this board; I would love to start a convo about their experience with in the Tennessee school system.  

Edited by CaliCoach