Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

18 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yep. The funny thing is when Clark retired (finally) Shawn Witten practically begged for the job and DB would barely talk to him. Now he is without question the best coach in upper east tn., with one state championship and headed for another. 

He applied for the OR job too and I’m so glad they wanted there former coach back and he is at Betsy.

18 minutes ago, B-Ball Fan said:

What's the story with the PA guy.  I've never heard this one. 

On a side note, I'm not a supporter of either school, but watched the game on youtube while listening to WKPT ESPN radio stream.  It sounded like Steve Wilmoth doing the game,  but whoever it happened to be was one of the worst I've ever heard.  The commentating wasn't bad, but the constant whining about the referees was over the top.  

The D-B PA guy never calls Science Hill by name... just always calls them "the team from Johnson City".  I'm sure someone who has been around much longer than I can shed more light.

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

That he did. Kinda regretting we didn’t offer him too, but I’m sure you’re glad we didn’t.

Yes I am SweetScience because I knew he was going to eventually take this program and win a championship.He has taken teams that I thought would be lucky to win 4 games and win nine.Heck of a Coach that gets the best out of his players.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

Yes I am SweetScience because I knew he was going to eventually take this program and win a championship.He has taken teams that I thought would be lucky to win 4 games and win nine.Heck of a Coach that gets the best out of his players.

Always pulling for y’all lawnman. I actually dated a girl in High School whose family moved to OR from Elizabethton, and we’ve always kept in contact through the years. Her brother is a Carter Co deputy, and a big fan of the Cyclones, so I’ve always held a special place for y’all. Glad to see y’all continue your winning ways, my friend.

4 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Just a question from an Oak Ridge guy, how did this very good DB team lose to Science Hill again,  Was hoping they would be undefeated going on Packervision next week to face Alcoa....

It's already been explained man.  Atrocious pass defense.  I'm pretty sure Farragut had 500+ yards through the air against us... we just outscored them.  Science Hill was better prepared defensively than Farragut was.

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Always pulling for y’all lawnman. I actually dated a girl in High School whose family moved to OR from Elizabethton, and we’ve always kept in contact through the years. Her brother is a Carter Co deputy, and a big fan of the Cyclones, so I’ve always held a special place for y’all. Glad to see y’all continue your winning ways, my friend.

Thanks SweetScience you know I bleed orange and black and I’m really in joying the hard work these young men have put in to be were they are today.We have a great community with great people that loves there football.We had the biggest crowd ever at Cookeville but know wonder after waiting over 81 years to get a gold ball.All I can say Go Betsy!!

37 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I thought y’all were pretty high on the new ball coach? Losing to SH two years in a row definitely ain’t gonna make him many fans.

Christian was hand picked by Clark . The search committee was all for show. They had some top notch coaches apply for that job. A few from out of state as well as Witten. They never seriously considered anyone else. I've always called it the good ole boys club. I really thought Debusk would break all that up but it ain't gonna happen. Now being in the good ole boys club ain't necessarily a bad thing if you can coach. They have a few good coaches that you could say are in the good ole boys club.  I think Christian could make a good head coach but when you're hiring people for your staff just because their a buddy first and maybe not a good coach then you get results like we seen tonight. Science Hill has the exact same problem. Thats why neither will ever be anything more than they are today. Kings of the Tri-Cities.

• Like 1