Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, eers said:

If OR ran the ball on MJ, they can run the ball on Powell. Control the clock and limit the number of possessions the Powell offense gets and you’re in the game... but you have to get some pressure on Potts. 

That would most definitely be my game plan if I were the OR coach. Sometimes the best defense is a ball control offense.

13 minutes ago, Frauddle said:

Oak Ridge is playing well right now. They've got talent and seem to be putting it together. Will this game give us a better understanding of what kind of team Oak Ridge or Powell has?

If OR plays like they did last week, especially on offense, this could be a very good game. Otherwise, look for Powell to dominate the game. The OR defense is very good, but if OR can't control the ball on the ground, Powell will have too many chances to score, and if that's the case, they'll put up lots of points on anyone.

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

If OR plays like they did last week, especially on offense, this could be a very good game. Otherwise, look for Powell to dominate the game. The OR defense is very good, but if OR can't control the ball on the ground, Powell will have too many chances to score, and if that's the case, they'll put up lots of points on anyone.

Earlier you said you doubt they light up the scoreboard on OR like they do everyone else including West and now you are predicting a blowout if OR can’t control the ball... what gives bonk?

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

Earlier you said you doubt they light up the scoreboard on OR like they do everyone else including West and now you are predicting a blowout if OR can’t control the ball... what gives bonk?

My last statement in that post was "if OR can run the ball"! I think that's the key because if OR is running, Powell ain't got it!!!!

19 hours ago, bonkers said:

My last statement in that post was "if OR can run the ball"! I think that's the key because if OR is running, Powell ain't got it!!!!

Gonna have to have some success throwing to open up the running lanes.  I think balance on O will be key for OR to have any success this week.  

• Like 1