Musket Bowl

stockton4182

7 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

Boone will probably play south doyle round 1 while Crockett will get the winner of carter/sevier county

Who is South Doyle's speed burner kickoff return man?    And where does he usually line up?     We will start practicing kicking directly to whoever that guy is...... *sigh* ......

Blazer1- I'm the kicker's mom.  No excuses, but all of these players are out there just doing their best. And his best in the classroom... is a 4.2 GPA and he's on track to be the valedictorian. So in a few years he'll  have successes past the football field and no one will care where or how he kicked a football in HS. And he won't be on some HS football message board criticizing players from his old school trying to re-live his glory days. 

Edited by BystanderMom

3 minutes ago, BystanderMom said:

Champion- I'm the kicker's mom.  No excuses, but all of these players are out there just doing their best. And his best in the classroom... is a 4.2 GPA and he's on track to be the valedictorian. So in a few years he'll  have successes past the football field and no one will care where or how he kicked a football in HS. And he won't be on some HS football message board criticizing players from his old school trying to re-live his glory days. 

Kickers put the ball where the coaches tell them to, this is all on the coaching staff, not the kicker.   But yeah I see where that did not come across clearly.     Here's the deal, when Boone plays a good team we always without exception get burned on kick returns.   Why?   I have no idea unless we just do not practice kick coverage.   But the point is, since we know we are getting burned wouldn't it be a better strategy to kick it out of bounds and give it to them at the 35?     Remember our last game @ Science Hill (might have been 2018), anyway we kicked directly to one of their speed burners and he ran it back, next time we kicked off it went to the same guy and seems like he didn't score but brought it back to the 10 or something like that.     That is ALWAYS on the coaches, it is not rocket science to figure out that we either have to A) get good at kick coverage, or B) kick it out of bounds.

20 minutes ago, BystanderMom said:

Thank you for your explanation.

I do not think there is any value in trash-talking individual players on here and very few people do it.     Even our coaches, I love them all, just get really upset sometimes when they do bone-headed things over and over.    I guess this place is somewhere to vent....