6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

14 hours ago, repoman said:

1-3 Stone,Cookeville, Sparta, flip a coin. predict Stone sweeps Cookeville,  Cookeville splits with Sparta and Sparta splits with Stone. Cookeville needs a post to step up to either split with Stone or sweep Sparta. Then Rhea will upset somebody finish 4. Then Warren . 

Amen on needing the post!   We have been missing that for a few years.  We need to grow one quick!  We do have some new bodies that didn't play much last year that could help us and a Freshman that will probably get some playing time.   But you lost me on the part about not able to sweep Sparta!  :P

42 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

You must have it the bottle before that post.    Vodka is BAAAD!    We don't have 5 teams to compete at the state level.  Not this year.  

Stone has a great team.   Something bad would have to happen to keep them out of the top 2.   

Warren is building something but is going to need some time.   

I agree with you 100% on Stone, White and Cookeville, all are very good teams that are well coached,  but to say Warren is building something is way off base. They went 2-26 including 0-8 in district and had an average losing margin of 30 ppg. What exactly are they building? Sounds like a double wide with no plumbing lol

2 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

I agree with you 100% on Stone, White and Cookeville, all are very good teams that are well coached,  but to say Warren is building something is way off base. They went 2-26 including 0-8 in district and had an average losing margin of 30 ppg. What exactly are they building? Sounds like a double wide with no plumbing lol

Well that’s a fair question.  It takes time to build a program as a new coach unless you are gifted a star player.  I based what I said off of what I saw from the middle school team over the past couple years and the JV team that I saw last year.  I am not saying they are loaded with talent but you can see a culture change on the high school/jv team especially with effort.  They have had really good players that weren’t  team players and didn’t work hard.  To be a good team you have to put in the work.  I like the fire I see in their coach and they have some players coming.   And don’t forget where they play 6AAA is no joke.  Records are one thing but if you change the culture that record will change too!

16 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Well that’s a fair question.  It takes time to build a program as a new coach unless you are gifted a star player.  I based what I said off of what I saw from the middle school team over the past couple years and the JV team that I saw last year.  I am not saying they are loaded with talent but you can see a culture change on the high school/jv team especially with effort.  They have had really good players that weren’t  team players and didn’t work hard.  To be a good team you have to put in the work.  I like the fire I see in their coach and they have some players coming.   And don’t forget where they play 6AAA is no joke.  Records are one thing but if you change the culture that record will change too!

You are correct about the District being tough. Warren will not beat Stone, Cookeville or White Co. , I actually don't think they will be competitive in those games. Stone, Cookeville and White Co beat them by a combined 300 points last year. but I guess 2-6 would be improved over 0-8. I think as much as Rhea lost that Warren can beat them, but the other 3 games may be 300 points difference again. I just hope we get to play the games this year. Good luck to you this season.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Its almost time!!  Lets hear those picks.   Someone go wake up @85warrior from hibernation.

I'm not really in hibernation. Ha. I saw this the day you posted it. I think it will be Stone, White County, and Cookeville. There should be some really good battles between these teams. Hopefully Murray can overcome her torn ACL. That will help us a lot. Powers is going to help us even more this year and i believe another player will make a name for herself as well, but i won't name her at this point. I just hope i get to attend a game or two. Stupid covid.

34 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

I'm not really in hibernation. Ha. I saw this the day you posted it. I think it will be Stone, White County, and Cookeville. There should be some really good battles between these teams. Hopefully Murray can overcome her torn ACL. That will help us a lot. Powers is going to help us even more this year and i believe another player will make a name for herself as well, but i won't name her at this point. I just hope i get to attend a game or two. Stupid covid.

I knew you were lurking around here somewhere.   I too hope Mia recovers fully.  She has been through a lot the last couple years.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 90warrior said:

White co will have the best post players they have ever had in history over the next 3-4 years with powers and the reed girl. There only weakness for now is guard play. Cook is also gonna be loaded over the next 4 years.

I hope they continue the rivalry every year even though they will be in different districts and divisions.  It’s too good of a game and atmosphere.  That game is just crazy and my favorite time of the year.