6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

12 hours ago, Tripdub14 said:

Watching Warren vs Coffee, can’t help but notice the difference in this WC team from last season. Coach Anthony Lippe has done a great job consistently improving. Not burning down the house by any means, but vs earlier in the season this team is night and day. Subtract the mandatory shutdown by the director of schools, and WC has been competitive in every game recently outside of the Cookeville blowout. A few more seasons and some of the younger talent from the middle school level coming up Lippe can definitely get WC to a position that they haven’t been in for quite a while. 

I have been saying that for the last year.  Got roasted a little in my preseason predictions but it’s starting to show now.   You can see it in discipline and effort before you see the results.  They are playing well right now.  They gave White County all they wanted Saturday and then some.  I didn’t see CC game but the score looked competitive.

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I have been saying that for the last year.  Got roasted a little in my preseason predictions but it’s starting to show now.   You can see it in discipline and effort before you see the results.  They are playing well right now.  They gave White County all they wanted Saturday and then some.  I didn’t see CC game but the score looked competitive.

Gave CC a great first half, 22-19 at the half but the lack of depth really caught up midway through the third. WC had a great game plan to deal with Vinson. Held her to 19, 9 of which were from the charity stripe. There could be a few special years coming soon if WC can stay the course.

4 hours ago, repoman said:

Cookeville seems to have tweaked their lineup and seems to be working. Will White County tweak their lineup to make a serious run as second half districts start? Did White County learn anything from last year when the tweak was made and a playoff run ensued. Guess answer is tonight!

If WC can force turnovers with their traps they can win the game.   If they can't they will be in trouble.     I don't think they will get many open looks from 3.   And that is where they are dangerous.   They have the best shooter in the state IMO.    Cookeville holds opponents to ~25% 3PT FG because they work so well with switches and getting through screens.   For Lady Cavs to continue their dominance over their arch rivals they will needs to get transition layups off missed shots.  Limit unforced/forced turnovers and shoot layups off the traps.      Graves and J Gillies for Cookeville need to get to the basket and score early and often.   Powers vs Gallagher will be a battle to watch tonight.  If the Lady Cavs shoot well from 3 it could get ugly quick.   Wildcard player who could change the game for both teams is Murray for WC and Shipman for Cookeville.   A big game for either player could push their team to a win.   Cookeville by 12.  

6 minutes ago, 90warrior said:

Wc will win both games tonight only because chs screwed up and finally got a lighted gym. The darkness always was in favor of the cavaliers.

LOL!  I never noticed it before but its alot brighter in there now.  I think it is the paint on the walls and the floor that changed.  I am not sure they changed the lights.   But now if they do win both I will know its all because of the lights being brighter!  :lol:   

15 hours ago, tnhoosier said:

Every home team is going to limit tickets to visitors these Covid days.  It sucks, but it is what it is imo.  If you are the home team it’s great, if you are visiting it’s awful.

Personally, if Governor says no restrictions....TSSAA should follow his lead.

Tickets were allotted for fans. They are choosing to keep the tickets with players families only. I hate it for the fans that wanted to go.