Big News-Classifications List

Indian

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

So. Pitt went home with a silver ball in 1985. What's the point?

I garuntee thats when that Snyder boys daddy played for Lake County and they ran a player off the sideline and beat Griders dad when he coached. I was waiting on them too do it to that Ryan mans team last year.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

8 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Well he played every snap on defense and offense and scored all their TDs.. I don’t recall any of them having flu at that game but I know they all played. Peabody is very good. I’m just saying last year you would have not beaten us by 3 TDs with the line we had. You may have beaten us but it would have been a great game. Lake County probably would have beaten us both last year. They were the real deal last year!  Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!

He played every down against us too and I don’t think he gained a yard in the second half . I didn’t say we would I’m just stating facts. I also don’t think lake county would beat us but who knows  ?      No one does we didn’t play.    

44 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Well Greenback beat South Pitt last year and Lake Co pummeled Greenback.Had touchdown called back,penalty inside the 10.Much worse than the score actually showed

I know I’m late to the argument, but I saw the replay of that game. Greenback lead for awhile didn’t they? It didn’t get decided until late in the game if I recall. That was two good teams last season. Actually there was 4 good teams in 1A. Lake County got it done though. Very good team. 

37 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

He played every down against us too and I don’t think he gained a yard in the second half . I didn’t say we would I’m just stating facts. I also don’t think lake county would beat us but who knows  ?      No one does we didn’t play.    

Very true... all hypothetical. All I know is you guys one the gold and lake county won the gold last year and it’s a mute point for us at South Pitt.  Maybe things will go our way soon. 

41 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Well he played every snap on defense and offense and scored all their TDs.. I don’t recall any of them having flu at that game but I know they all played. Peabody is very good. I’m just saying last year you would have not beaten us by 3 TDs with the line we had. You may have beaten us but it would have been a great game. Lake County probably would have beaten us both last year. They were the real deal last year!  Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!

Last year we had Swafford recovering from strep and flu for the South Pitt game. He was taking oxygen on the sidelines when able. He was no where near 100% in that game. But his 60% was equal to most players 100% easy. We had number #57 banged up and didnt play. He was last year and still currently our best lineman. We also had #3 Logan Carroll out last year who played wide reciever and was probably our best reciever at the time. He also played backup QB. Logan Carroll this year wears #2 and is the very successful 2020 starting qb. #57 Malachai Hayden is a senior lineman this year.  Last year I stated we didnt lose because we had all those issues. I stated South Pitt was the better team that night no question. Had we been healthy who knows. You play with what you got on Friday nights.

30 minutes ago, rlh said:

You just added to my point.  Your premise was inaccurate.

No, it's not inaccurate at all. Since the TSSAA In there wisdom decided to go to 5 or 6 classes east Tennessee in 1A is weaker than the west. West Tn has alot more competition than east. Think about So. Pitt, Greenback and sometimes Gordonsville. Greenback and Gordonsville are the only real threats to So. Pitt in the east. You can deny that all you want but it's the truth. In the west it is much tougher year in and year out. Region 7A over the last 7 years has produced 4 champions itself. Wayne County from the west also won it in that time frame. In the east it has been So. Pitt, Greenback and Gordonsville and that's it. Heck 7A produced two champs under the Z plan in the same year. So. Pitt is a great program no doubt but the competition in the east in 1A is not as strong. I forgot Whitwell but if you think about it the west is just stronger from top to bottom. Anyway none  of it matters. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

3 minutes ago, Pirate1999 said:

Very true... all hypothetical. All I know is you guys one the gold and lake county won the gold last year and it’s a mute point for us at South Pitt.  Maybe things will go our way soon. 

Things are going to go So. Pittsburg way this year if they stay away from covid. Good luck to the pirates.