5A region alignments

DirkdIggler1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Oops, not sure why I didn't stick them in Region 6. Good catch.

They've got it tough either way.

Portland is definitely in trouble either way. I have connections in Portland and have always pull for them. I'm far from there now but don't understand why they are not better. Serious question for those that know, is it a lack of talent/athletes or can they not get them out of the hallways?

9 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Would Portland really be in region 7?

9 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'll take a stab:

• Region 1 - Cherokee, Cocke Co, Boone, Crockett, Mo West, TN High, West Ridge
  • Region 2 - West, Central, Halls, Sevier Co, Karns, Powell
  • Region 3 - Oak Ridge, Clinton, Campbell Co, Heritage, Lenoir City
  • Region 4 - Rhea Co, McMinn Co, Walker Valley, Ooltewah, Howard, White Co* (if they decide to play a region schedule)
  • Region 5 - Franklin Co, Columbia, Nolensville, Spring Hill, Lincoln Co, Page
  • Region 6 - Wilson Central, Hunters Lane, Station Camp, Hillsboro, Mt Juliet, Green Hill, Portland
  • Region 7 - Clarksville NW, Clarksville NW, Henry Co, Kenwood, Springfield, Dyer Co
  • Region 8 - Southwind, Memphis Central, Kingsbury, Overton, Brighton, Munford

Not sure if we'll see any schools move up, Anderson County would make a great fit in Region 3. Any of the other Knox 4A schools could fill in Regions 2 or 3.

EDIT - Not sure if Portland ends up in Region 6 or 7.

Would region 3 really geographically surround region 2?  Bc, as I've said multiple times, that doesn't make any sense.

Edited by guthook

16 minutes ago, RCfan said:

I see what your saying. I would at least switch out Campbell County with Powell. 

I think it would be really hard to divide this area (Region 2 & 3). Powell, West, Halls, Central, and Karns are all pretty much within 10-15 miles of each other with Sevier Co. being the longest drive. With Gibbs, Carter and South Doyle moving to 4-A, things get tough in terms of grouping. As far as the future playoffs go, (given all teams current strengths) I would think Region 3 participants would be jumping for joy.

15 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

I think it would be really hard to divide this area (Region 2 & 3). Powell, West, Halls, Central, and Karns are all pretty much within 10-15 miles of each other with Sevier Co. being the longest drive. With Gibbs, Carter and South Doyle moving to 4-A, things get tough in terms of grouping. As far as the future playoffs go, (given all teams current strengths) I would think Region 3 participants would be jumping for joy.

.....I know I would be!!! lol

12 minutes ago, guthook said:

DId they say they're staying with 8 regions?  

To be honest, they probably should go to 6 regions and re-shape the playoff bracket format. It’s so watered down and spaced out in many of these classifications that 6 regions would probably be the right number. I’m sure they won’t do it though. They stay status quo and rarely make any improvements.

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'll take a stab:

• Region 1 - Cherokee, Cocke Co, Boone, Crockett, Mo West, TN High, West Ridge
  • Region 2 - West, Central, Halls, Sevier Co, Karns, Powell
  • Region 3 - Oak Ridge, Clinton, Campbell Co, Heritage, Lenoir City
  • Region 4 - Rhea Co, McMinn Co, Walker Valley, Ooltewah, Howard, White Co* (if they decide to play a region schedule)
  • Region 5 - Franklin Co, Columbia, Nolensville, Spring Hill, Lincoln Co, Page
  • Region 6 - Wilson Central, Hunters Lane, Station Camp, Hillsboro, Mt Juliet, Green Hill, Portland
  • Region 7 - Clarksville NW, Clarksville NW, Henry Co, Kenwood, Springfield, Dyer Co
  • Region 8 - Southwind, Memphis Central, Kingsbury, Overton, Brighton, Munford

Not sure if we'll see any schools move up, Anderson County would make a great fit in Region 3. Any of the other Knox 4A schools could fill in Regions 2 or 3.

EDIT - Not sure if Portland ends up in Region 6 or 7.

If it stays at 8 regions, I would like to see Tullahoma follow Spring Hill and Nolensville and move up to 5A Region 5 and Page drop down to 4A. Tullahoma currently plays 4 of the teams in this region anyway.