Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

57 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They have Boone caps?

Lol. A young man I work with has worn a Boone shirt to work every day for a year. I don't know if it's because he is a fan or he doesn't want to ruin a good shirt. I know your probably  reading blazer and I'm Just kidding  but no joke about him wearing the Boone shirt every day. 

Edited by BatmanDB

Not trying to stir anything up ... but I for one was Glad when we jumped up to 6A because I was tired of all the "Big Boy" Talk ... and Maryville has shown that they're gonna play up now which they were under the old Format . Alcoa has nothing to Prove , if they want to play in 3A where they belong that's totally fine ... BUT I think they're losing out on a lot of money by not playing up against bigger or more competitive teams ... Big Difference between a Kingston and an Andersonville or Greeneville ! For my own selfish reasons I would have loved to have seen an Alcoa / Elizabethton Game last year . It wasn't as big a deal when CAK had some great teams or Milan ... but when Alcoa can basically write down their next State Championship Win after the Maryville game every year .... it has to hurt Attendance / money .

I love it when Maryville has another team out there that everyone is convinced is gonna Kick Maryville's BUTT ... Like Oakland this year again ... the lead up to the McMinn game last week was exciting because we knew we were gonna be challenged ...  It would be really boring if we knew or thought man this is a Cakewalk ! I'm not taking anything away from Alcoa and I hope no one takes it like that ... but I can understand some wishing Alcoa would move up to at least 4A . 

OH ! I forgot to mention how proud I am of Alcoa Scheduling Blackman & DB ! If they don't move up that's the next best thing ... be willing to prove they can play with them big boys !

Edited by pepvol
forgot to write something i meant to
  • Like 1