Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

7 minutes ago, FBforLife said:

How? You would think if it affected school, some of the players would have been affected. 

Due to Covid related concerns, AHS will conduct Virtual Learning for all students on: 10/28-30 & 11/2. Students will not attend on 11/3 due to professional development. All students will return on Wednesday, 11/4. - AHS Website

It could be precautionary. 

54 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Hopefully they still play this game Thursday.  Alcoa HS just got shut down for a week today, due to Covid concerns.  

24 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Hmmmm... now this begs the question, if Alcoa is forced to cancel and honestly I hope it does NOT get cancelled cause I don't want to get the dub that way, but if it does, doe this count as the 9th win therefore breaking the tiebreaker with SH and Farragut and getting top seed for Region 1-6A?

11 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Due to Covid related concerns, AHS will conduct Virtual Learning for all students on: 10/28-30 & 11/2. Students will not attend on 11/3 due to professional development. All students will return on Wednesday, 11/4. - AHS Website

It could be precautionary. 

Hope so. I know some Knox County schools have been affected with contact tracing keeping players out of games. 

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

But what I'm wondering is if Maryville/Oakland were hypothetically eliminated due to Covid so that DB would not have to play either one, then how does the Tribe stack up against the rest of 6A in order to get to Cookeville?

I guess if DB won the state due to COVID, they would get a COVID-19 mask asterisk by their name in the books.

22 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I have never been one to ascribe favor to one team over another due to bad weather, but since this matchup will be a wet one.....   To those of you who think it rains on one side of the line of scrimmage but not the other, how does the rain factor into this game if at all?

Ha, I've heard fans say everything you can imagine.Fact is, if one team or the other were to have problems with turnovers and so on,it still rained on both teams.I have heard of teams turning grass fields into mud holes to slow faster teams down but that would be pretty expensive at J Fred.