Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

On 10/30/2020 at 10:54 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't speak for everybody but when I say it's all coaching I'm not saying that as a knock against Christian. There's a lot more pieces to the puzzle than the head coach. When I say it's all coaching I'm talking about from the ground up. From the little leagues to middle school, to the freshman and then to varsity. In Kingsport we are very weak on coaching in the lower leagues. You'll never compete with the Maryville's and Alcoa's until they fix that. Heck we can't even beat a average Science Hill team. 

For you to believe that all those Maryville and Alcoa kids actually played in either of those little league programs is incredibly naive.

I coached a few myself that ended up down there. I don’t blame the kids/parents. They went there for exposure and to chase championships. Both programs routinely draw kids from Knox, Sevier, Blount, etc. counties. 

In addition to the influx of talent from outside their respective school districts, but programs have excellent strength and conditioning programs. 

Football is not a complicated game. The honest Alcoa coaches will tell you that it’s Jimmys and Joes that win football games. If DB really wants to win they will need to become a regional football team. 

42 minutes ago, rolltriberoll said:

For you to believe that all those Maryville and Alcoa kids actually played in either of those little league programs is incredibly naive.

I coached a few myself that ended up down there. I don’t blame the kids/parents. They went there for exposure and to chase championships. Both programs routinely draw kids from Knox, Sevier, Blount, etc. counties. 

In addition to the influx of talent from outside their respective school districts, but programs have excellent strength and conditioning programs. 

Football is not a complicated game. The honest Alcoa coaches will tell you that it’s Jimmys and Joes that win football games. If DB really wants to win they will need to become a regional football team. 

Most of Maryville's players did. Explain Elizabethton and Greeneville. Their not "regional teams". You can't watch a DB game and not notice they have some serious coaching problems. It's not a talent problem. 

1 hour ago, rolltriberoll said:

Lol......you serious Clark? You should do some research before embarrassing yourself on a public forum. Show us your body of work before posting complete BS. 

12 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Most of Maryville's players did. Explain Elizabethton and Greeneville. Their not "regional teams". You can't watch a DB game and not notice they have some serious coaching problems. It's not a talent problem. 

Exactly.  And I know for a fact that kids used to move here to play football at DB just like I also know that they moved to Betsy from DB to play football more recently.  A neighbor of mine did exactly that. But I don't know that regional moves happened much at DB.

You fix this problem with a real head coach, not a promoted good-ole-boy.  Otherwise just remove the upper deck that all that money was wasted on. They're charging too much for seats up there anyway. $12. That's the most I would pay.

1 hour ago, rolltriberoll said:

I didn't know that you're Clark. I bow down in humble awe! Waco! Can this be true? I thought you're Clark! 

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Two put a fue thangs inn contecks.....:popcorneater::roflol:.....This rite heer iz why Waco iz tha best onn tha T.....:popcorneater:

Hard to believe I got that far up in his head with less than a third grade education. That just goes to show you it doesn't matter how smart you are, but how dumb the other guy is. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Elizabethton recently won a state championship. Remind us where this QB transferred from? I’ll help help with the answer: he transferred from DB. Greenville had lots of talent.  

DB has some talent, but are we athletic? Do you see a Swafford, Gaines, Foreman, Graves, Hayes, Sensabaugh, etc. in the WR or DB rotation? Science Hill was certainly more athletic. Cleveland was, as well. We have a collection of possession WRs, and our DBs that are consistently getting beat. Again, JIMMYS AND JOES! 

Do you seriously think DB is athletic?

I’m not saying that coaching isn’t important, but every team everywhere that wins a championship was/is talented. If it was about coaching, Coach K would win every year. Seriously, how many teams have better players than Nick Saban? His formula is to have better players.