Creek Wood @ Springfield Wk 11 Region 5 Title game

brian2000

On 11/1/2020 at 10:17 AM, JacketLover said:

I wouldn’t count on that. The T$$AA has to make up the money somewhere. @ilovethegame Are y’all being charged to stream video for the playoffs this year?

Just received email from executive director Matt Gillespie at Tssaa. 

To do our regular broadcast it will be $750 per playoff game.

Meaning if the Jackets have a 4 round run they expect $3,000 from us. NOT HAPPENING!

2 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

Meaning if the Jackets have a 4 round run they expect $3,000 from us. NOT HAPPENING!

That’s ridiculous.  Can you still do audio or do you have to pay for that too?  

so they are limiting the number of spectators and also denying media coverage? 

16 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

That’s ridiculous.  Can you still do audio or do you have to pay for that too?  

so they are limiting the number of spectators and also denying media coverage? 

They aren’t denying media coverage, just wanting to “tax” the h311 out of you. I get it if it’s a big time tv or radio station that’s making good money off of the advertisement. This is different, @ilovethegame is just trying to provide the community a service for the ones who can’t come to the game. Come on TSSAA you got to be better than that.....

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

This does not surprise me tbh, gonna limit the tickets sold and still charge for the broadcast...

1 minute ago, Poundtherock23 said:

They aren’t denying media coverage, just wanting to “tax” the h311 out of you. I get it if it’s a big time tv or radio station that’s making good money off of the advertisement. This is different, @ilovethegame is just trying to provide the community a service for the ones who can’t come to the game. Common on TSSAA you got to be better than that.....

You are 100% correct, unfortunately...they WON'T be.....

I believe the audio broadcasts are able to be done at no charge. They did them last year and when we played Chester County at home in the first round a couple of years ago I spoke with their radio guy and he said the same thing. It’s just a real shame that Springfield doesn’t have a radio station that cares enough about the community to broadcast high school sports. 

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

I believe the audio broadcasts are able to be done at no charge. They did them last year and when we played Chester County at home in the first round a couple of years ago I spoke with their radio guy and he said the same thing. It’s just a real shame that Springfield doesn’t have a radio station that cares enough about the community to broadcast high school sports. 

Radio isn’t happening for us ever again. Unless the station changes hands

When I first begin doing this I reached out to the radio. I wanted our broadcast to be on YouTube and Radio....... They played me off then told me high school sports wasn't big enough lol well 1,500 + views a game later i would say Springfield football is very much loved and big enough! 

We will do our audio portion of the broadcast and maybe have Facebook live.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

When I first begin doing this I reached out to the radio. I wanted our broadcast to be on YouTube and Radio....... They played me off then told me high school sports wasn't big enough lol well 1,500 + views a game later i would say Springfield football is very much loved and big enough! 

We will do our audio portion of the broadcast and maybe have Facebook live.

Thank you for whatever you can do 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Radio isn’t happening for us ever again. Unless the station changes hands

It’s hard to believe a radio station won’t give up 3hrs of air time on Friday night to cover a hometown football game. Lot of folks that are not able to come to games that would like to listen to the game such as grandparents that may not be able. Heck have listened to games on the radio while watching it live. SMH