Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Where have you been watching Shelbyville games? The Cleveland game was the only one available to watch to my knowledge. Intentionally trying to take the Page QB out? Did you see this with your own eyes? Do tell.

There are clips and videos all over the place.  Not hard to get video now a days.  Didn't Shelbyville get flagged for multiple unsportsmanlike penalties on late hits versus Page QB?  Ripped his helmet off once.  I am old and lucky enough to be around coaches in the area and things like coaches recruiting etc gets around via word of mouth. 

1 hour ago, APGOV4ever said:

Cunningham is a good, young coach.  But he was not ready for a head coaching job.  Obvious by the lack of discipline on this team all year.  As Boo said, good ole boy system.  Got the job because of his grandfather.  I don't know why anyone would want this job; however, there were several proven winners with head coaching experience that applied for it.  One has multiple state championships and didn't even get an interview.  Other qualified candidates got a courtesy interview because the decision was made from the getgo.   

There was a scuffle between two lineman Friday night.  Should have stopped there, but FC players left the bench.  I would think more than 4 players will miss next week's game after the TSSAA watches the film.   

Will they go back and do that?

2 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

There are clips and videos all over the place.  Not hard to get video now a days.  Didn't Shelbyville get flagged for multiple unsportsmanlike penalties on late hits versus Page QB?  Ripped his helmet off once.  I am old and lucky enough to be around coaches in the area and things like coaches recruiting etc gets around via word of mouth. 

I was at that game and submitted some video of the game on our show the following week.    I don't recall anything in particular that caught my eye.   I think I may remember the helmet getting pulled off, but I've seen so many games this year, I'm not sure it was that game.   There are some really great kids at Shelbyville including an outstanding young man leading them at QB.   I definitely wouldn't label them "dirty"..   I would say they're definitely intense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I was at that game and submitted some video of the game on our show the following week.    I don't recall anything in particular that caught my eye.   I think I may remember the helmet getting pulled off, but I've seen so many games this year, I'm not sure it was that game.   There are some really great kids at Shelbyville including an outstanding young man leading them at QB.   I definitely wouldn't label them "dirty"..   I would say they're definitely intense.

Well said sir!

38 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

To be clear I am sure there are some great kids at Shelbyville and at every school.  I think kids get a bad wrap now a days.  But there are times when kids and coaches put winning above the safety of the other teams. I can promise you at ANY program if it is made clear that if we care of their 1 player then we will win.  Kids hear we have to take him out.  

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Maybe But you are also a very biased fan and supporter