Franklin County vs Shelbyville BRAWL

phil24

9 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

Wonder why this was handled different than the Fayetteville city at cornersville fight. 

Fayetteville and Cornersville wasn’t a fight. You saw it. It wasn’t much more than a shoving match by 2 players after 1 hit the other one after the whistle. No punches were thrown or landed. The other 4 players that were suspended a game for Fayetteville took a few steps off the sideline but never entered an altercation. There is language in the TSSAA handbook on how to handle that. They reviewed the film and followed the handbook protocol. I spoke with a local AD tonight who saw the Shelbyville/Franklin Co video. He said there were multiple fights happening on the field with swinging helmets and fists. That was much different from Fayetteville/Cornersville. That’s why it was handled different. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Moknows3 said:

As a former Hornet I can assure you that it is true. 

Lol, there isnt enough room to list the players that has contributed to Huntland success in every sport that transferred in or lived out of Huntland area. I disagree with some things at Huntland but the talent has always gotten playing time and has been welcomed with open arms, IF the kids were well behaved and had good work ethic and morals. This year alone, there are starters in every single sport that are transfers........

I hope this appeal works out and they settle this thing. A lot of kids at Shelbyville that have worked hard, done the right thing this year, and didn’t have anything to do with that fight. It seems like that’s the wrong punishment to be punishing all those great kids who did nothing wrong. I would think there’s a better way for TSSAA to handle this situation and put the consequences on the right people. Not the kids. 

5 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I hope this appeal works out and they settle this thing. A lot of kids at Shelbyville that have worked hard, done the right thing this year, and didn’t have anything to do with that fight. It seems like that’s the wrong punishment to be punishing all those great kids who did nothing wrong. I would think there’s a better way for TSSAA to handle this situation and put the consequences on the right people. Not the kids. 

While I see your points, I don't see how the TSSAA had much choice here.  It only takes one ineligible player to mess up an entire team's season, how many times have we seen that happen?  There has to be consequences to hopefully be a detriment to others doing the same thing.  And by the way, the chances of them winning that appeal is slim to none, closer to none.

6 hours ago, phil24 said:

Lol, there isnt enough room to list the players that has contributed to Huntland success in every sport that transferred in or lived out of Huntland area. I disagree with some things at Huntland but the talent has always gotten playing time and has been welcomed with open arms, IF the kids were well behaved and had good work ethic and morals. This year alone, there are starters in every single sport that are transfers........

So, another way to say it is you must be a stand out athlete to play there without the proper bloodline. There is ALOT more to it than athletics. Other schools offer so much more than Huntland academically and socially. FFA is the main offering there. To each his own but it's definitely a few steps down. I don't think they even offer boys soccer in fear of losing football players. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, gypsyroad said:

So, another way to say it is you must be a stand out athlete to play there without the proper bloodline. There is ALOT more to it than athletics. Other schools offer so much more than Huntland academically and socially. FFA is the main offering there. To each his own but it's definitely a few steps down. I don't think they even offer boys soccer in fear of losing football players. 

Lol, complete nonsense. #carryon

59 minutes ago, gypsyroad said:

I think they offer cell phone reception these days

2 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Overton/Antioch, Boone/Crockett, two Memphis basketball teams, I think president is set.  To be honest, if this is overturned Memphis school system would sue the TSSAA for discrimination on what happened with the basketball teams.  They will not risk that simply because of the climate between Memphis/TSSAA.  It’s a shame but that is what it is.